Annual T-Town Bike Drags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunday, Sep. 30. At Tulsa Speedway Park. Gates open at 10am. Tickets are $20 at the gate, $15 in advance. This includes tech and race fees. I will post the flyer later today. This event is usually a great time! It would be great to see a few Maxes there burning it up!

Prezactly, what riding gear is required to run a bike @ Tulsa Int'l?

leather or reinforced/padded riding jacket, DOT helmet (not sure if full faced is required), full finger leather gloves and boots. If you run faster than 10.0 you will be required to have a kill switch tether and skid pants/suit. As far as I know, the rules don't get real strict unless you are entering NHRA event, then of course it's their rules.

Bummer. Only padded jacket I own is like 40lbs, and really not my idea of a good time to wear. It's more of a winter riding coat - big & bulky.

A First Gear Rainier rainier jacket.jpg

Think anyone would laugh at a couple vmax riders outfitted with these to drag race?

yeah, not really suited for the heat and humidity around here. You can borrow one of my jackets if you want to come out. I have a couple extra. What size do you wear?

I am size HUGE, thanks for the offer Redneck, but as it turned out, I got out-voted, in favor of pulling straight back home Sunday morning from Bikes Blues & BBQ.

Darren wanted to get the bikes cleaned up and do a photoshoot for a couple projects he has in line for the coming months. Shala says she will give serious thought to joining in on a trip up to MOKAN Dragway for a test/tune Friday drag in the future to try her luck with the timing tree for the first time ever. On the plus side, I got the some nice photos of our 'fleet' of vmaxes and Hondas to show for the day.

Sounds like you all had a good time. Wanted to make that run, just not enough time this weekend. The drags were a blast! Got to burn all but one V-rod there and his was sponsored by Route 66 H-D. He didnt want to race, but he would have beat me anyway. Not sure what all was done to that one but he was running in the 10.8XX territory. Fast time for me for the day was 11.332 @ 118. Most of my passes were in the 11.4XX territory. Got some really cool pics of some smokey burnouts and good vids out of it. All around, well organized, fun event. Hope we can make a good showing next year from the Vmax Community and I may even have something to enter for the Pro-bike Class.

Later,
Dusty

Attachments

• RSCN0345.jpg
    RSCN0345.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0324.jpg
    DSCN0324.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 7
Respectible times. My 'back in the day' best was 11.27 @ 121mph. My reaction times always stunk, but I sure had some good times. Never forget that first Vmax trip through the lights - 12.4 @ (?)mph. I didn't warm the tire, and went up in smoke just sitting on the line - thought I'd broke something til I realized I had my feet on the pegs, yet the bike was still upright. Looked down quick enough to realized I was redlining, upshifted immediately and started rolling off the line in smoke.

Back