Another amazing product!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theemax

Reaction score
My 2000 Bonneville that I drive back and forth to work had had an internal anti-freeze leak for some time. The other day however, I started losing coolant big-time, and all into the cylinders, nothing external. I topped everything off after work on Saturday, and after only 15 miles....had to add TWO gallons of anti-freeze. :damn angry: The car has 250,000 miles, but doen't use any oil, and is in good shape, so I stopped by O'Reilly's Auto Parts, just for kicks, thinking NOTHING is gonna stop a leak this big....she shows me a $65 bottle about 30 ounces, with what looked similar to "windshield washer fluid" in it...just a light blue liquid in it. After hitting a ton of car-forum sites on Sunday, where 90% of what I read was positive, I called the tech-line for the product (Blue Devil), and told the guy how bad mine was leaking, and he says"It will fix it, and it is 100% guaranteed to...save the bottle and receipt, and if it doesn't fix it you get your money back" (he even gave me his name, and said to call him either way, because he said...it's gonna work)....I did everything by the book...drained the system..ran a flushing agent through it..drained that, then took the thermostat out of the sytem, (I pinched off my heater hoses, even though you don't have to)...then poured in the bottle, topped it off with water, and let it idle for 1.5 hrs.
I drained the system, put my new thermostat in, added my coolant..and brought it up to temp., then shut it off for the night.
I drove 40 miles to work today, it ran right at 200 degrees...heater worked AWESOME, then shut it off and let it cool......checked it 30 minutes later...NOT A DROP OF ANTI-FREEZE GONE!!!!!:punk: I will let you know in a few weeks how it's going....but the shit stopped a MASSIVE leak!!! BLUE DEVIL is the product...check it out!!

The upper intakes on those engines are notorious for leaking internally, I hope this is a permenant fix for ya!......................Tom.

GM had problems with a lot of thier cars/trucks when they went to composite/plastic intake manifolds..They didn't really have it down right before they released it.........this was a problem with the trucks too except the leak was external.......

Glad this stuff worked for you...

GM had problems with a lot of thier cars/trucks when they went to composite/plastic intake manifolds..They didn't really have it down right before they released it.........this was a problem with the trucks too except the leak was external.......

Glad this stuff worked for you...
Ford had lots of problems with there intakes to. WHen I worked for the city in Texas we replaced a ton of them on the crown Vic police cars.

I tried it this past year on a 80K mi 1986 300ZX 2+2, w/one bad head gasket and it didn't 'do the trick.' I didn't want to spend the $ on the repair so I sold it for $1.5K. Everything else on the car was beautiful. Full options, except no turbo. A beautiful leather interior, too. Too-bad the blue stuff didn't work.:confused2:

Attachments

• 300ZX and GMC 009.jpg
    300ZX and GMC 009.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 19
Time to sell or trade that thing in Bro. Or get next to nothing for it on down the road

Had the oil changed last night, and have put 130 miles on it so far....and absolutely no leaks:punk: I really was stunned that it stopped something that was leaking that bad.
As far as selling it, a buddy of mine is a GM mechanic, and he told me to sell it, but I reminded him that just a week ago me and him put a 2.2 liter engine in my daughters car, because someone sold US one with head issues....so I think I will drive it till the engine gives...then do an engine transplant!!

440 miles since I did "the fix"....and I haven't lost a drop of coolant!

Has anyone ever tried this stuff in a small capacity system like on a bike?

Yeah...there was a youtube vidio of it I saw. Basically, the amount you use of the product, depends on the amount of coolant you cooling system uses.

I looked for this stuff today and they keep an empty bottle on the shelf and the stock behind the counter .

1000 miles in...and still all is good!:punk: On a sad note though, replaced the engine in my daughter 2000 Sunfire 3 weeks ago (she got the old one hot and smoked it) and she calls me last night and said when she left for the 3 hour drive home from college, for the weekend, it was getting hot:bang head: She took it to NAPA and he had to add 1.5 gallons of coolant. (in probably 800 miles, it lost that much) It looks as if it's the heater core thank God, but the heater cores on those are a royal bitch to change....I may try the stuff again:confused2:

An intake on the 3.8 is $80 and pretty easy to change. Take you a couple hours at the most.

It is most likely the EGR port where exhaust passes through the plastic intake. They made a thicker version that fixes the problem. Don't buy one from GM, Dorman makes the aftermarket.

Sometimes it will let the coolant go when it is setting, it fills a cylinder, and when you try to start, hydrolock bends rods..

Back