Another disappointing track outting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I am thinking I just hang up my track desires and start riding with Vmax Mike and not go to the track.....:ummm:

Ran a string of 11.0x's , small string.... :bang head:

[email protected] best run of the day. 1.734 60 ft . 040 reaction time

About the only good thing was I had my best 60 foot on my Vmax 1.686! I almost thought I might crack a 7.0x 1/8 mile . Very close with [email protected] mph.

But I broke another drive shaft I think I was over zealous trying to crack a 10.99!

Busa is running really bad, I am afraid something bad happened with it. Not sure. But its not running right at all and the Vmax just isn't fast enough. I am really bummed.

Now to fix my driveshaft and atleast go out and salvage part of the day.

2006 ZX14 with $3500 worth of crap on it guy said, ran a 10.32@145 mph. Only made one pass, no leather pants. Though he ran several 1/8 mile runs, I heard a 6.40 run I thought. Stock Busa with supposed cam and head work, not sure what he was running, but it was the ZX14's son, and he blew the clutch right out the side of the engine, trashed it.

Damn Turbo bike.... :bang head: I was my 8.90's!!!

Did you break the shaft on the 1-2 shift? Are you slow clutching it, power shifting it, or clutchless? Trying to get an idea of what to expect when I take mine for the 1st time...

Get an air shifter on the Vmax and you won't snap as many driveshafts.. Everything breaks, that's racing :( sorry to hear the Busa isn't running right still, personally I like being different so I'd put a nitrous kit on the Vmax and an airshifter and have fun with it.. Won't be the fastest guy out there but it'd be fun and cool and I know I sure as shit don't have the extra $$ to play at that level, as long as you can enjoy it then that's what's important...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to here about your track luck todd. What the hell is going on with that busa? As far as the vmax goes you know the driveshaft is on you. We did 30 passes last year in a row one after another thats 60 passes in one day and never broke a driveshaft. I would let you take my bike down the track but if the trans went bad on you well if anyone is going to face that on my bike i would rather it be me. I do think with aguy your size and with your skills could get it into the 10s. You ran 1120s with the vmax last year so i think if you syinc jet and sniff you can pull harder from bottom to top in every gear and by doing that you will find a 10.9 on a good run. Like i told you before quit blasting scond so hard and find another way to hit a 10 like a good tune and maybe shifting at just the right rpm and a good 60 foot. For now just get the max dependable and tuned as best as you can and we can go to thunder and enjoy putting alot of miles on them with some great people. Maybe do a few more rides when we get back and then we can hit the track. If we brake something at least we had alot of fun and we have all winter to fix it. Tom has a morgon now and i think we should go in on a sniffer with a few guys that way we can do adjustments thoughout the year and it wont cost much. We can get a sniffer for like 250 and if 2 others went in on it 60 bucks or so each.

Great times on the max before the break. Did you do any more work to it. What pipe and carb kit are you running now? Oh and thanks for the phrase that kept running thru my head when I was racing wednsday. Visor down, visor down :eusa_dance:

Running Marks exhaust. I am sure the UFO would give me a little more mid range pull, probably top end as well. Carbs are stock, and I should really set them up better. I would like to dyno the bike as is to get a base point to see what I should do.

Yeah the drive shaft was all me, I knew it too. I just let it hit a little too hard with the throttle. 100% my fault and when it happened it didn't bother me. I just have to get a few more driveshafts to stock up on. I think that is the 5th one in there now.

Air shifter would probably be the way to go. But I don't plan on beating on the Vmax to much anymore. Its kinda lost its zing for me as far as excitement goes. And I don't see a 1500 motor for it any time soon.

Don't expect a power increase with the UFO. The highest systems we've ever tested on a stock engine were the kerker, holeshot, and marks. All with 132-133 rwhp on higher mileage bikes. The marks and kerker were tested on the same bike a year apart and tested identical in power output.

Don't expect a power increase with the UFO. The highest systems we've ever tested on a stock engine were the kerker, holeshot, and marks. All with 132-133 rwhp on higher mileage bikes. The marks and kerker were tested on the same bike a year apart and tested identical in power output.

Sean-
Those #'s, that's with your Kit I'm guessing?

Lee
VMOA 5652

Todd i cant say for sure if ufo pulls harder but we michigan hooligans know that it pulls my weight very well. And we all do agree that the fit and finish of the head pipe is hard to beat. Now that i have alot more fuel flowing to it we will see what it can do.

I am starting to seriously think the idea of buying a new bone stock 2014 Busa or ZX14 would be the way to go. Low 9 second bike with no mods and utter reliability......

If you want to run those numbers without getting into the engine or power adders then get the new 14 cause the Busa won't do it... Just sayin..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Like i said to you before Todd sell what you have and buy a nice clean used 14 with 6000 miles on it and ride it the rest of the year. Over the winter put a slip on muffler and adjust the air fuel a little and ride it.

Next year i will be doing the same with a gen 2.

Well the busa is getting a motor tear down. I am going to get it running and then go from there.

I ll yank the head and see whats going on with it. I just think there is so much into the bike that its a shame to not play a little.

Todd

A close friend found out the hard way that the stock rev limiter had to be changed. Instead of cutting ignition for it's limiter it cuts fuel causing a very lean condition. Turned his engine into a melted pile of crap is no time at all.

Todd i dont think your wife was talking about your bike when she told you your ignition cuts out. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back