Another Horror Clutch Rebuild Story That Ends Well

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
Another Clutch Rebuild Horror Story That Ends Well

Hey guys,
Just wanted to give you an update..........

I FINALLY got my clutch to bleed up!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Way more work than it should of been. But thanks to some of the suggestions (on my earlier post) to try the one that seemed to work is filling the m/c up, putting on the cover, unmounting it from the handle bar and indexing it while moving it around to dislodge an air bubble trapped near the m/c banjo bolt. And I had to do it a couple of times!!

Secondly, I taped the s/c bleeder screw threads which allowed the vac system to preform better.

I just fired up the bike and tested the clutch action and it works GREAT :punk::punk::punk:

It starts grabbing "right there"!! I'll have to get it on the road (when this ice age retreats) to check it any further but I feel confident it's fine now.

Now that I swapped out the brake systems fluids I hope to not have to deal with these issues on this bike for some time to come.

I'll see you guys in the "seats" and "tires" forums next as those are the next topics i'm going to have to deal with.

Thanks again for all the help. You guys rule!! :punk::clapping::punk::clapping:

Back