Another LED Brake/tail light option

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this LED tail/brake light without integrated turn signals though for the max. It is plug and play as wiring harness included. They will even put the oem connectors for your specific application on the harness (for a fee) otherwise you have to put the ends on yourself. Only drawback is the price.
rofl_200.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Tail-Lig...c97e55&vxp=mtr

I did the same light to my 2002 vmax for a total of $35 wiring and all. Look on ebay you can get that same light for alot less. look up axle plate and all you have to do is drill two holes in it and mount it to your stock plate holder and wire it. If anyone want more detail let me know.

I guess the expensive part is the billet plate holder.
I had one before. The led is not bright enough to be noticed during daylight. I ended up added an extra super bright brake light in place of the reflector to compensate.
The fitting is perfect and it's looking good though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I guess the expensive part is the billet plate holder.
I had one before. The led is not bright enough to be noticed during daylight. I ended up added an extra super bright brake light in place of the reflector to compensate.
The fitting is perfect and it's looking good though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Link to the brake light used in place of the reflector?

These are standard trailer marker lights available in red or clear, LED or bulb at any trailer supply, Wal-Mart and probably Harbor Freight. Under $10 in any configuration. I have bought two red and one clear with the bulbs as they are cheaper and easier to find. Very easy to install as running or brake lights. I have done it both ways and currently have it set up in red as a brake light.

I'm seriously considering this Die-cast 60 LED Cateye light, it should work well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14117132016...m=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
I like that I won't have to do anything but remove the Old Brick Tailight and Bolt this one on it it's place.
And with 60 LEDs it should be plenty bright.
The pictures are of the UFO Tail light which costs $135 and the one I'm going to use sells for $34, that's a heck of a difference.
And if I'm not happy with the brightness, I figure I'll just add 1 or 2 light bars near the reflector area like Michael's post above.

Attachments

• 60_LED_Cateye-1.jpg
    60_LED_Cateye-1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 60_LED_Cateye.jpg
    60_LED_Cateye.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_2.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_3.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_4.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_5.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_5.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
That's the one I bought. Vmaxmike showed this one to me. It's running and break light. It comes in chrome also.

Attachments

• 20140315_181643.jpg
    20140315_181643.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 272
Back