Another Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
Well as the title says, I have a new to me Vmax. This used to be John Blaids bike, and after doing a lot of work, he just got tired of working on it, so I made a deal for the bike and all of his spare parts.

It has 444 shocks on the rear, that I will transfer to my 07, and I will put my 418's on the 86. In the deal was also a brace swing arm from Sean, that wasnt put on yet, so that will go on the 07 as well.

My actual plans for the bike is to put it back together, and get it back on the road.

Attachments

• 20141214_132458[1].jpg
    20141214_132458[1].jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 20141214_132510[1].jpg
    20141214_132510[1].jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20141214_132517[1].jpg
    20141214_132517[1].jpg
    37 KB · Views: 66
  • 20141214_132533[1].jpg
    20141214_132533[1].jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 64
Thank you. I have to LOL a bit. I bought that trailer about 15 months ago, and this is the first time that I put a motorcycle on it. Hauled lots of other stuff though.

Congratulations Eric....a man can never have too many VMaxi!! :biglaugh:

And, yeah....real nice trailer! :clapping:

True.....and I still want an 85....and 05, to go with the 07.

When I went to go look at the trailer the first time, the first thing that I noticed about it, was that it matched the 07. Black with red pinstripes around the wheels.

Oh...from an earlier conversation, the set of stage 7 carbs that I have sitting here, the diaphragms are bad..BUT....just so happened to get 4 brand new ones with all of the spare parts that i bought.

Congrats Eric and I also like your trailer !! I will have to show my wife this thread because I wanted to go look at an 01 last weekend and she said why do I need 3 vmaxxes I said how many pairs of shoes and boots do you have . I got the silent treatment and loved it !!

Nice looking trailer! I went with an enclosed trailer (6x12 V nose) for mine since I'm using it as a garage until I can build a real one.:biglaugh:
I have a small (too small though) trailer and full size pickup w/ 8' bed which gets used for the moving stuff, my motorcycle trailer gets used only rarely (so far) for the hauling family's crap around and then only for the long distance runs it seems. I've been looking to upgrade my utility trailer to a double axle with short sides or the ability to install sides for when hauling wood/ sand/ etc. but nothings popped up yet.

Congrat's glad to hear his bike went to someone that's going to get it up and running.

Congrats Eric and I also like your trailer !! I will have to show my wife this thread because I wanted to go look at an 01 last weekend and she said why do I need 3 vmaxxes I said how many pairs of shoes and boots do you have . I got the silent treatment and loved it !!

LOL...that is funny...although please dont take my advice....Ive been married and divorced 3 times...lol

Congrat's glad to hear his bike went to someone that's going to get it up and running.

I know that some Vmax's HAVE to be parted out....but I like the thought of being able to get this one up and running too.

Nice looking trailer! I went with an enclosed trailer (6x12 V nose) for mine since I'm using it as a garage until I can build a real one.:biglaugh:
I have a small (too small though) trailer and full size pickup w/ 8' bed which gets used for the moving stuff, my motorcycle trailer gets used only rarely (so far) for the hauling family's crap around and then only for the long distance runs it seems. I've been looking to upgrade my utility trailer to a double axle with short sides or the ability to install sides for when hauling wood/ sand/ etc. but nothings popped up yet.

I had looked at an enclosed one as well....and this one popped up...and I couldnt say no.

Nice !!!
All those extras will be a nice addition to the 07 as well.

As of right now the 444's and the braced swing arm will wind up on the 07. Everything else, the 6 pot calipers, frame braces...etc....will stay on the 86.

True.....and I still want an 85....and 05, to go with the 07.

When I went to go look at the trailer the first time, the first thing that I noticed about it, was that it matched the 07. Black with red pinstripes around the wheels.

Oh...from an earlier conversation, the set of stage 7 carbs that I have sitting here, the diaphragms are bad..BUT....just so happened to get 4 brand new ones with all of the spare parts that i bought.

Good deal! :thumbs up:

Eric, good on ya for saving a Vmax from being parted out. But somehow, I thought I be reading about how you'd added a Gen II to your line up.

Can't help with the 05 at the moment but could help with the 85 (if you want a frame to build it up from). That's what year my personal bike is and we're going to part it out anyway (you've seen it and know it's in pretty decent shape). You could move all the parts over from the 86 or get the 86 together and sell it! I do have the 85 dragbike too if you wanted to get one that was a track only setup?

Back