any battery asap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxerCraig

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going on a bike trip this Wed and I found my Battery dead this morning. No local shops stock a vmax battery, are there any cheap batteries at Walmart/ autozone etc that fit in a pinch?

Advance carries one,and i think autozone does as well.I believe the part number is a 16-alb?..but dont qoute me.

Take the battery dimensions & check at sears, they might hove one that fits.

I hope I'm replying in the right way, I scope this site out a lot but I don't post much. This forum is by far the best vmax source of information!! Thanx everyone

I did the battery box mod and went with the Sears Diehard
Gold PowerSport Battery 18L-BS , got lots of cranking power.

Hey guys I'm going on a bike trip this Wed and I found my Battery dead this morning. No local shops stock a vmax battery, are there any cheap batteries at Walmart/ autozone etc that fit in a pinch?
Autozone for sure, maybe Wakmart too. Sealed AGM type is preferred. Autozone isn't cheap though.There are some good threads on batteries here.
Steve

My son and I both just bought the Odyssey pc680-p at batteries plus. they are not cheap though, 145.00$+ out the door. Slides right in and is a sealed battery with a 3yr. warranty I believe. Good deal for several reasons though.

Thanx again everyone, I would like to buy a glass mat battery, but I'm leaving for a trip in a couple days so I just need cheap and available for now, thanx again:punk:

The Odyssey PC680 is probably the best battery on the market and fits in the stock box. Mine cranks up like a top, and the battery is over 4 years old. It's the one you want but you typically have to mail order them since they seem to be pretty rare in "brick and mortar" stores.

AGM batteries are often available at marinas or boat stores, since they're more resistant to vibration/shocks...try looking there.

The Odyssey PC680 is probably the best battery on the market and fits in the stock box. Mine cranks up like a top, and the battery is over 4 years old. It's the one you want but you typically have to mail order them since they seem to be pretty rare in "brick and mortar" stores.

AGM batteries are often available at marinas or boat stores, since they're more resistant to vibration/shocks...try looking there.

Battery Mart store keeps the PC680 in stock locally.

+1 on the fast, easy battery box mod.

After that mod, you will be able to find the larger sized battery anywhere! The vmax battery is a special, thinner sized battery and most places don't carry it in the less expensive lead/acid type. The larger battery also has more CCA and rocks IMHO. - helps overcome the Vmax starter shortcomings too.

+1 on the fast, easy battery box mod.

After that mod, you will be able to find the larger sized battery anywhere! The vmax battery is a special, thinner sized battery and most places don't carry it in the less expensive lead/acid type. The larger battery also has more CCA and rocks IMHO. - helps overcome the Vmax starter shortcomings too.

Is there an Odyssey battery in that larger size???

I went thru this last year. I ended up getting a battery at napa. It was a regular old lead acid type. It dropped right in.

The napa P/N is PSB 16ALA2

Is there an Odyssey battery in that larger size???

I've no idea about Odyssey sizes. I do know the bigger battery size is MUCH MORE COMMON in the motorcycle industry and MUCH MORE AVAILABLE.

Do you have to modify the OEM battery cable ends to fit an Odyssey battery?????? It seems like they have a different top connection point than stock. :ummm:

I've no idea about Odyssey sizes. I do know the bigger battery size is MUCH MORE COMMON in the motorcycle industry and MUCH MORE AVAILABLE.

Do you have to modify the OEM battery cable ends to fit an Odyssey battery?????? It seems like they have a different top connection point than stock. :ummm:

Nah, the stock ring terminals fit better on the Oddyssey than the stocker!

Depending on how my new, bigger, higher compression motor cranks over when I get it together I may be going to a bigger battery like y'all are talking about, but would like another Oddyssey to do that job..............Not gonna worry about it at all if it cranks over fine with the current set up tho.

I maybe kicking a dead horse here but I sure hope that battery works. I just bought it (Its sunday and no time to wait for delivery) did the box mod, waiting on it to charge then hoping it fits. In the past hour my old battery has went from 12.69 to 12.61 while just sitting on the bench. Sadly I now wish I would have ordered one on-line, but I just did the pea shooter and while doing it I got pissed over the starting issue and ran for the first battery I could find. Now I just want to see if it runs better :bang head:

Sears has a 12 month warranty last time I checked, and if it goes dead, straight-up replacement during that time, as I recall.

Back