Any bicycle riders here? I bought one for $40, it is faster than V-max!!! 16 gears

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
Warning! People with high blood pressure shouldn't ride bicycles.
81 Schwinn Le tour. $40 from Goodwill. Work: replaced tire valve, adjusted spokes, breaks, derailleurs(transmission?).
I didn't ride it full speed yet, but I am pretty sure, it is much faster than V-max!!!😄

Yes, but I spend my time off road.

Looking at the head tube I can tell that the frame it is very large > 26 inches.

By the lack of any visible seat post, if that is set up for you to ride, then it is much too large.
A rough rule to selecting correct frame size for a road frame with a horizontal top tube is inside leg measurement less 10 inches or 1/3 of height.... so that frame would suit someone who is is 6 ft 4 in or more.

A simple way to set seat (saddle) height is to place the heel of your foot on the pedal when wearing shoes with the crank in line with the frame so that your leg is straight.

When your foot is in the correct position, your leg is slightly bent.

Here is an example of how a correctly set up bicycle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-083954.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103-083954.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 0
Nice find I used to have one in black any idea how much it weighs, probably just as much as the vmax

Warning! People with high blood pressure shouldn't ride bicycles.

Good to know. I'll have to tell my doctor she doesn't know what she is talking about and I should not exercise as she recommends!

And I like riding my bike every so often. Oh well.

This is my Other 2 wheels-Trek Stache-90% carbon fiber, light and fun as Hell! My son works in the Prototype Development shop at Trek so he got me this. I just finished putting 1068 mi. on it for the year.

Attachments

• Stache.jpg
    Stache.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 0
This is my Other 2 wheels-Trek Stache-90% carbon fibre, light and fun as Hell! My son works in the Prototype Development shop at Trek so he got me this. I just finished putting 1068 mi. on it for the year.
So what's the other 10%?

Interesting to see that elevated chainstays are making a comeback.

This is my Other 2 wheels-Trek Stache-90% carbon fiber, light and fun as Hell! My son works in the Prototype Development shop at Trek so he got me this. I just finished putting 1068 mi. on it for the year.
Nice bike I ride a specialized s works epic myself

Back