any cool low profile mirrors for the vmax???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apsolus

Reaction score
Im in the market for some low profile mirrors. anyone got any recommendations? lane filtering would be easier.

If, by lower profile, you mean shorter arms to bring the mirrors nearer to the bars it reduces the rearwards vision as more of the riders body will be seen in the mirror.
Been there and tried it. I ended up making some horisontal extensions so that I could see more of what was behind me.

Mireror exrension.jpg

Last edited:
On my FZR1000 I used some aluminum blocks under the OEM mounting points to space the mirrors out a bit, making it easier for me to see what's happening behind me. For the VMax, I like the OEM mirrors, perhaps placing me in a minority. I find myself moving slightly to one side so I get a better view of what's behind me, when I need to check on traffic to the rear. Adding a short extension would probably help, but the reverse-thread on one side makes it more of a search for something matching the application for height extenders. I don't care for the handlebar-end mirrors.

If there was ever a 'snip & run' theft target, the only thing I think more tempting would be a US Grant $ bill taped to your handlebar.

I don't know if I could trust the camera with its field of view.

I tend to agree with Mr Medic.
The only experience I have with rear view cameras is for reversing. Whilst they give a wide angle of view they also, to my eyes at least, make judging distances more difficult. This could be corrected with a longer focal length lens but this would reduce the field of view.
Like most things in life it becomes a compromise and from the example shown above the size of the image appears to be about half the size of the mirrors which could make the situation worse.

The mirrors shown in my picture above looked good but due to the compromised rear view (size of mirror and position) I reverted to a more conventional sized mirror.

You could get mirrors that adjust to put them as low or high as desired. I can see everything with these mirrors and my body doesn't get in the way because they are out far enough. These have an integrated turn signal built in to clean up the front end and kill 2 birds with one stone. You don't have to get these but just some that will adjust. Just make sure you get a left hand and right hand adapter studs for a Yamaha.

Mirror.jpg

Back