any insurance gooroos out there

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nd4topspd

Reaction score
Yesterday my daughter was just heading back to her house after an inspection on her old apartment when a car 2 vehicles ahead of her slams on the brakes so her realator(also a friend of ours)that is right in front of my daughter slams on her brakes. My daughter was looking down at her 3 month old baby in her car seat when this all happened and when she looked up it was too late and smash into the back of our friend the realator. Cops, ambulances,fire department, oh ya the works all showed up to get some OT lol. Everyone was ok. Friends van went away with just scratches on rear bumper and my S10 was towed away by me cause of radiator leeking. I call my ins guy and report it. He called claims. I am waiting on a call from them now.
Ok This morning our friend catches my wife at work and says it was just a scratch on their van and they aren't going to make a claim and fix it. So am I off the hook with my ins since I already reported it or will they still hang me with an accident:ummm:

I'm no expert , just my thoughts. I wouldn't think they'd hang you with the accident unless your daughter is on your policy. The accident was her fault no matter what. Following to closely or not paying attention is always used when rear ending another vehicle. If no ticket was issued, you accomplish the repairs to your own vehicle and no one makes a claim against you. I would think your insurance would ignore it. Hope that's the case for you.

:ummm: Normally in Arizona, when you call an Insurance Company even to ask a question, that starts a file/claim and will go on your record. Do not ever call your company and ask questions. Agents will even start a file to show they have been doing something with their time. Good Luck, Spurs

Ins called and you are correct. They are planning to drop my claim since they called the other party and they don't plan to turn in a claim. So we will see in time I guess how it turns out hopeing they don't change their mind in a couple days

never call insurance if you can help it.. always try to settle it yourself out of court/insurance whatever.

my deductible is 500 bucks, if i did 800 in damage to my car ill just fix it myself.. by the time i paid the deductible and the extra 200 a year theyd charge me for 8 years.... i paid for it twice over.

the only way id call insurance was if it was stolen or totaled, or of course it was someone elses fault.

all it takes here is 2 speeding tickets and a claim and youre high risk

Back