Any interest in OEM quality clutch fibers/steels thats cheaper than OEM???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdoprey

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As most may know, i've done a good deal of dragracing on mostly late model sportbikes. And its well known that you can't beat the performance/reliability/longevity of the OEM fibers/steels. There are aftermarket clutch componant makers that make good products, but their fibers/steels are very lacking.
On the sportbike side of things, there is a company that makes fibers/steels that meet and often exceed the oem fibers and steels. I've used them myself on 4 different bikes and saw the same performance/longevity as with running the oem fibers/steels. The best part is that a complete clutch pack runs a good deal less than the OEM parts.
Anyway, i recently asked them if they made clutch packs for the V-max. Their answer was "not at this time". I asked what would be required for them to do so, and their reply was that it was very expensive to tool up for something new and that they would need to sell around 2000 fibers/steels annually for it to be worth the effort. That has not been a problem for them at all with clutch packs for the Busa/GSXR/ZX10/ZX14's.
I was wondering if you guys thought there would be a good deal of interest in these? I asked what an estimated price would be and i'll post up when they reply. The Busa/GSXR clutch packs run $155 p/s IIRC, which is $50 or so less than the OEM, just to give a round about idea.

Which OEM price. Retail or the discount we get? That would eat up your savings it it's to the retail cost. Plus you can get the stock steels bead blasted in most instances and reuse them with no problems. I have about 100 steels on hand if anyone needs to do some sort of exchange service but honestly you can get them done locally for less then what I would have to charge by the time you add the shipping in.

Sean

I dunno what the discount price is on the OEM stuff. I know the normal retail on them is over $200 for the pack. This company does sell just the fibers or steels seperate. I just asked what the whole pack was.

Back