Any interest out there in Ohlins shocks??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezeez

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a Vmax with OHLINS S36PR1C1LB YA-137 Adjustable Rear Shocks. Apparantly, these are fairly expensive shocks that as a casual rider, I'll never see the benefits of. I was thinking of trying to sell them on EBay. Are these shocks popular enough that I'll get any takers or will I be wasting my time? I don't see much talk about them on the forums.

Keep them. You would be mad to part with them.

I agree, those are really nice shocks, much better than the stock ones you would put on. Hold on to them.... or donate them to the forum! :whistlin:

I'll give you a $100 bucks cash for them right now:biglaugh:

I wouldn't part with them myself....

Rusty

Well, $100 bucks is a little low, I'm a hick from the sticks but I was smart enough to look up the selling price.:surprise: I was thinking to sell them for enough to buy a set of progressive rears and front fork springs. Maybe even a fork brace. That would do my riding style just fine. Besides, yellow shocks just don't cut it on a carbon fiber max in my opinion. I should be picking up the bike on Saturday. I'll measure them and give the forum first chance if I sell. The bike only has 3K on it so they should be in great shape. The guy also installed a set of WR rearsets that I'll probably take off and sell.

Keep shocks..can always powdercoat springs to whatever color you want (what I did). Get Racetech front springs/emulators. Keep or at least try rearsets and stock pegs first (on a longish trip) to see what your butt feels like after sitting for a while with diff foot positions.

I'm a Sunday afternoon casual rider. As far as I'm concerned, the words long and motorcycle ride should never be used in the same sentence. Besides, if that's why your buying a bike, you sure don't want a Vmax. I can see no reason to keep $1200+ shocks unless nobody else wants to buy them.

By longish I'm talking 1-2 hrs and I've never heard of someone wanting to downgrade their shocks

I'd sell them for the money as well. With that amount of money you could get all kinds of mods.

Well, I never heard of anybody spending $1200+ for shocks. Certainly not for a motorcycle that will never be a canyon carver no matter how much money you put into it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Anyway, I pick up the bike in the morning. $475.00 if anybody wants the shocks. I'll take pictures and post them here for a couple days and then they go on EBay. $175 for the WR Rearsets if anybody is interested. They're the adjustable ones that list for $400.

The guy also installed a set of WR rearsets that I'll probably take off and sell.

I've got the Wr rearsets and LOVE them! There not as far back as most others I've seen, which isn't very many actually. I paid a little more than $400 for them from some vendor on Ebay..........

I'll give you $50 bucks for them right now.....:biglaugh:

J/K Bro....

You should be able to get a decent price for them on Ebay..

Rusty

Picked up the bike today. The shocks and rearsets are in great shape. The manuals came with them. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow. I also have the stock parts so I'll try to have them off the bike. I'll post here for a couple days, then EBay.

Picked up the bike today. The shocks and rearsets are in great shape. The manuals came with them. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow. I also have the stock parts so I'll try to have them off the bike. I'll post here for a couple days, then EBay.

Those are pretty nice shocks. I'd keep them and powder coat the springs.

And the VMax is WAY more comfortable as is on longer hauls than my other two options :) A nice set of shocks sprung properly and a good front end would make any VMax a good ride.

Good luck on your decisions!

Well, as of tonight, the shocks are listed on EBay. I left the house for a while to watch the Yanks/RedSox with my neighbors and my wife, seeing the pictures and write-up I made for the listing, went and put them on earlier then I was going to. She's the EBay queen and won't unlist them. She's real funny about protecting her 100% rating. Sorry, if they don't sell, I'll put them back on the board.

Latest posts

Back