Any UK members using this forum?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jasper
Can't see it being a problem to fit. But I haven't even seen this kit before.
Have you seen the Pingle kit?
Are you able to (physically) work on the bike yourself?
Also I've never even thought of fitting a chair to a bike.
If I can help I would be happy too.
Hi buddy, thanks for your reply. I’ve never heard of the Pingle kit but I’ll check the net. Where are you based? I can work on the bike ok but any help appreciated so let me know where you are and we can get together. The chair is a Watsonian- chassis sound - the body has been in a fight with a car at the back so its easy to fit the barrel. Question - do I remove the stock tank and plumb the barrel straight to the pump or not? Thanks again buddy.

Hi buddy, thanks for your reply. I’ve never heard of the Pingle kit but I’ll check the net. Where are you based? I can work on the bike ok but any help appreciated so let me know where you are and we can get together. The chair is a Watsonian- chassis sound - the body has been in a fight with a car at the back so its easy to fit the barrel. Question - do I remove the stock tank and plumb the barrel straight to the pump or not? Thanks again buddy.

I am in Epping Essex.
The pingle can button operated for down shifts as well as up shifting. And is marketed for bikers with restricted mobility. Sean Morley knows about it.
It's all a matter of mounting the shifter barrel in the appropriate place.

I've fitted a Translogic power shifter which from what I can see does pretty much the same job.

F***K ME - £ 800 :eek: you must be mining all the gold out of them Cumbrian hills.

Can it do clutchless shifts? Presumably it has dual purpose: useful if you have leg that cannot operate the gear lever or for racing to allow fast shifts?

F***K ME - £ 800 :eek: you must be mining all the gold out of them Cumbrian hills.

Can it do clutchless shifts? Presumably it has dual purpose: useful if you have leg that cannot operate the gear lever or for racing to allow fast shifts?

Well, when you are an eccentric billionaire who needs to dispose of his ill gotten gains you will buy anything.
I think what you are paying for is the small size of the actuator. The others systems that I looked at seemed very big by comparison.
Yes it will, but I can't recall if it came with it or was an additional module.

I think what you are paying for is the small size of the actuator.

Kinda, you are paying for a small diameter powerful stepper motor plus design, development, test, manufacturing and advertising costs etc. I've not looked in detail as to what type of stepper motor is required but a quick look at RS components indicates they cost in excess of £ 150 - the one in these unit may be custom due to its small diameter. I daresay if one was interested in making one's own, two or more smaller motors could be fitted on the same shaft to keep the overall diameter small.

BTW - how do you set it up so it has the correct amount of throw to change up, down and neutral?

Hi Lucky

You're local for Santa Pod. Do you ever go there?
Hi mate, Santa Pod is only 10 minutes from my house. I've been going regularly since 1976, all the big meets, RWYB, various car shows etc. Saw Sammy Miller blow the widow's out on the control tower in Vanishing Point when he came over. A good friend of mine drives the Pods two seater Dragster. Are you local to Pod, and do you go mate.

BTW - how do you set it up so it has the correct amount of throw to change up, down and neutral?

No need to, it seems able to work it out by itself (probably some sort of magic dust inside the control unit?)
According to the blurb you get neutral by a 'half' button press.
As I said earlier due to factors I won't bore you with I haven't ridden the bike with this fitted, something I intend to remedy this year....thinks, I recall saying that last year! :(

No need to, it seems able to work it out by itself (probably some sort of magic dust inside the control unit?)

As I said earlier due to factors I won't bore you with I haven't ridden the bike with this fitted, something I intend to remedy this year.
It must sense resistance to movement to the stepper motor, so a sophisticated piece of kit. Should make you feel less bad for the high price.

It's gonna happen, vaccines is being rolled out, speaking for oldies like me, I would expect to get the jab by April.

By summer time, for sure we will be back on the roads and I predict it's gone be a scorcher going by the amount of rain we've had.

Question for the UK contingent, do you have an undersized number plate?

Ofcourse the answer is no as we are all law abiding citizens but maybe "your friend" has?

Latest posts

Back