Anybody doing Conesville this year? (Not dial up friendly)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anybody doing Conesville this year?

Just curious, I think a few of us are headin' down Friday and comming back Sat night after the drag races.

I went there several years ago... What a day... I'll go if you and Jeff go... Need some Max's there I think right?:whistlin:

I'll be there and I hope to be in the drag races too! I'm sure David will be there and I'll be there and if we can get 1/4horse and Chris... maybe Nathan? We could have a decent showing of V-Maxes there. It is only 20 miles from me, so I can always ride down and stake out some camping area. It is May 15,16, and 17th this year.
Let me know how many tents and I will try and get a good spot reserved!

Jeff

I'll be there and I hope to be in the drag races too! I'm sure David will be there and I'll be there and if we can get 1/4horse and Chris... maybe Nathan? We could have a decent showing of V-Maxes there. It is only 20 miles from me, so I can always ride down and stake out some camping area. It is May 15,16, and 17th this year.
Let me know how many tents and I will try and get a good spot reserved!

Jeff

Tents? I don't sleep in no stinkin tents...:icon_rolleyes:

I'd just ride home... But thanks:thumbs up:

Not spend the night.... why even come????? Night is when the "fun" starts.... last year there was a lady with a certain type of swing next door.... three passers by all had a shot with her on it..... I'm trying to keep it as PC as possible, but when you are talking about Conesville... it's hard too.

Yeah Jason, the guy that road to IA City with me on the FZR is going, a friend of ours on a Sporty, and another on an XB12R Buell is comming too. Not sure if we're using tents, or con-ing somebody to drive an RV down or what.

Well if anything, you are all welcome to stay at our house. We could stick around Conesville as long as we wanted then ride to Washington to crash.... as long as we don't have too many beverages.

For those who don't know what Conesville is, I'll try to give a quick description. Conesville is a small town in SE Iowa and they have a pretty big motorcycle (mostly Harley) rally with lots of bands, usually a tough man or MMA fight, a few vendors, a bike show. They usually have some jet powered car or jet engine and they end up burning/melting some rice burners and cars. There are also some stunt riders on Buells, but the biggest attraction is the drag races. They have a 1/8 mile track and it is actually an old landing strip. I'm hoping to try out my VMax and eat up some bikes... They have an import cruiser division and an open import division. For those of you that don't think the Harleys can run.... the track record is [email protected].... by a Harley! Now, I?m not saying the guy didn?t have some major $$ and time in it, but that is pretty impressive to me! I'll put anyone up if they want to come to Iowa and party in the cornfields!
Jeff

Yeah when I was there, there were ZX-11's and busa's running into the cornfield... Literally! They couldn't get stopped by the end. I see the Max having some difficulty with this unless you add some stoppers to your bike Jeff...:whistlin:

I'm used to riding in corn fields.... they actually extended the track a year or so ago.... shouldn't be a problem.... I say shouldn't.....:ummm:

I know Jason and myself are going for certain. I'll get a head count, Jeff I don't want to put you out for putting up 4 guys and if you did, we'd pay ya something. We'll probably tent it. Do they have showers there? I've never gone to this.

I know Jason and myself are going for certain. I'll get a head count, Jeff I don't want to put you out for putting up 4 guys and if you did, we'd pay ya something. We'll probably tent it. Do they have showers there? I've never gone to this.

Just do the "wet t-shirt" contest... When I was there it ended up being a wet person contest and some of the women weren't people you wanted to see dressed let alone naked...:surprise:

A lot of people riding around were wearing there birthday suits... It's a totally different world... It may have changed though...:confused2:

Oh I've seen a ton of photos of the event haha. Ya gotta take the good with the bad.

Going for certain:

Myself - V Max
Jason - FZR

Possible
Matt - 04 Buell XB12R
Justin - 84 1200 Sporster

No showers, just port-a-potties.... The wife and I welcome as many as want to come. The night life is pretty fun at Conesville and I enjoy the beer so I usually tent it. We have plenty of tents and sleeping bags that I can take down there and use, that way you don't have to pack the bikes up with sleeping equipment. Here is the link to the rally:
http://www.circleofpridemc.com/pages/main.html

Let me know how much beer and what flavor... usually plenty of Captain and Coke too!!!!

Yeah, we may end up riding out Saturday morning too and staying sat night before riding back. It all just depends, and we have a few months 'till then. The Indianola bike night is that Friday night, and our wives really like attending that. The Conesville trip the wives are staying at home.

Gettin' closer! I know for sure myself, Jason, and two other guys are going now. Anybody else decided either way?

I'm doing this as a little bump and to retract a statement I made earlier....

They DO have showers... I just never used them, and didn't think they existed. Anyway, I'm planning on going to this and I am going to enter the1/8 drag competition. I think I can take the stock metric cruiser title.... no nitrous yet.

I will still offer up our house to get cleaned up in and I have a few tents and sleeping bags for those who don't want to haul them on their bike. Let me know and I can make more arrangements.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. So far it's just Jason and Myself rolling down from Des Moines.

I'm in. Tent works for me. Who needs a stinking shower? Ha-Ha.

Sweet! You guys let me know how many tents you need (and sleeping bags/pillows) and I'll try to get everything down there. I should be there Thursday night and all day Friday & Saturday. Let me know everyone's plans as it gets closer.

Jeff

Back