anybody really ride the new max hard?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumacorp

Reaction score
I want a new vmax..I have over 25k into my 96...I am dying to try the new one though...Any thoughts how it compares to the old max??

I want a new vmax..I have over 25k into my 96...I am dying to try the new one though...Any thoughts how it compares to the old max??
I rode one on a demo ride in 2009 and all I can say is there is no comparison. When I got back on Redbone it felt way less powerful and a didn't handle as well.
They both have there place but the Gen2 is definitely a step up and forward.

I was on one,,but they only let me ride it on the property so it was a total waste thats why I didnt buy it..I told the guy u want me to spend this kind of money,,but limit me to the property lol thanks but no thanks...How did it handle?

I raced my 2000 1500cc Tourmaster 160+ RWHP against my buddy on my 2009 Vmax with after market exhaust and K&N filter. The 2009 destroyed my 1500 from dead stop and 30mph roll ons. No contest.

rick rash

Just sitting on it the you could feel it was heavy but that all goes away once get underway. It's been two years so the memory is getting a little fuzzy, but I remember it turned well on a 3-4 turn curvy section we rode down. What I really was impressed with was the acceleration, it was kinda scary b/c we were riding in a pack of about 16 bikes and I could close the gap with just a little twist. The brakes were tremendous as well.
I'm sure the bike would be better to judge how it rides if I wasn't in a group.

i dont think its possible to really ride a gen 2 "hard" i can be in 3rd or 4th gear and pin it wide open on a road that seems perfectly flat, and as it accelerates all the way from 2k rpm to 9k, every little bump pulls the front end off the ground, sometimes for several seconds..

even as low as 3 or 4k rpm.

god forbid punching it in 1st or second.

i havent done a nuclear launch yet from a standstill in 1st, but without a doubt it would just sit there and eat.

as i cruise down the road in 5th gear at 3k rpm, it has so much power ready to go, i always try to shift again, its just unbelievable how much power it has ready to go at any time.

mine has the 09 ecu problem where it idles at 1200 sometimes, and when its doing that in my driveway, from a dead stop if i let the clutch out it spins the tire without touching the throttle.. its got some serious nads down low

Brett's has more torque at 1,500 rpm than our Gen I's have peak.. 85 ft. lbs. and he's done more since then.. A Gen II would be my death wish, I'm certain...

I rode Bad Max's, got it up to 35 and back to 15 before getting pulled over and receiving a ticket....:rofl_200:

oh man I want one sooooooo damn bad....Anyone want my sickly invested over 25k gen I??

There was a supercharged gen 1 on here a while ago that would embarrass gen2's. It was hardly your average gen1 but it was for sale for about half the price of a gen2.

My problem with the gen 2 is it's too expensive and it's absolutely absymal mileage. 80 miles to a tank...I couldn't make my commute without filling up. If I was going to drop that kind of a money on a bike, I'd get a S1000RR....it's about 2k cheaper, puts 190hp to the tire(bone stock), and weighs a touch over 400lbs, and has enough electronics and gizmos to pilot the space shuttle. If you lose the gizmos, it's more like $4k cheaper. It also gets 40mpg.

I couldn't ride a burger king....too ugly. Well, if I was given one I'm sure I'd get over it, but I don't think I could buy something that I hated the look of.

I'm still getting used to my Gen 1 power! lol I did sit on one at a dealership and it felt good.I'm 6'2" and it seem to fit me a little better. One of these days I'd like to test ride one. Mike

Last edited:
My best friend is considering buying one. Im not egging him on but id sure like to take it for a spin if he does.

well i liked the bking but i wanted a bike i could take my girl on, and everyone is talking crap about my new bike lol, i think ive had it on the street 6 times now. VMAXs are instant street cred. im gettin some races this year.

i mean you cant deny the prestige a gen 2 max has either, pull into your local harley hang out and everyone will drop the food out of their mouths and watch you roll by

love that BMW bike

I love that BMW bike,,,but I just sold my 2 sport bikes and have always been a vmax guy..That BMW suspension is amazing and so is the whole bike...I owned many maxes I had 2 last yr alone....Now 1 left...

I cant leave the maxes,ever...

Does that bike only get 80 miles to the tank???Thats insane!!!

There was a supercharged gen 1 on here a while ago that would embarrass gen2's. It was hardly your average gen1 but it was for sale for about half the price of a gen2.

My problem with the gen 2 is it's too expensive and it's absolutely absymal mileage. 80 miles to a tank...I couldn't make my commute without filling up. If I was going to drop that kind of a money on a bike, I'd get a S1000RR....it's about 2k cheaper, puts 190hp to the tire(bone stock), and weighs a touch over 400lbs, and has enough electronics and gizmos to pilot the space shuttle. If you lose the gizmos, it's more like $4k cheaper. It also gets 40mpg.

ya im not gonna lie to you man, if you hit 100 miles on it, you totally babied it, downhill, on good wind.

it has an instant MPG display on the lcd screen and on my twisty roads im in the teens, actually if youre lugging it in 5th gear, and accelerating out of the turns in 5th, it goes down to single digits. the best gear for on off throttle around 45-55 mph for me is 3rd gear.

its funny i even showed my gf, in 3rd, as i twisted the throttle, the mpg went up, 20 mph, 13, 30 mph it went to 14, so on and so forth, it was just speeding up faster than it could burn fuel i guess.

My GenII is by FAR the best bike I have ever ridden hands down!
I have owned 2 Gen 1's, a new 98 and a like new 07 (Dave has seen that bike) The Gen II even before mods was a beast. After.... WOW, I have spent about 2 grand in mods and no shit, with the stock 200 tire, my bike would spin the tire fairly hard shifting into 3rd.... 87 mph! I have ridden it over 8200 miles in the last 8 months and it still puts a big smile on my face... There relly is no comparison to the sport bikes... Yes the BMW may be faster in the quarter but it does not pull in the first three gears like the MAX. Buy one you will not regret it at all. It truely is an amazing machine.

And it gets more than 80 miles to a tank..... Even my modded bike (182ish to the ground with 117 torque to the ground) gets 31 to 32 mpg on the highway. Light comes on at around 81 miles and then I can go about 35 miles more until empty. I typically try not to go over about 105 miles or so. Now, if you ride it like a maniac then you won't get any milage out of it. And probebly should have you license taken away......

Back