Anyone ever gutted cobras?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Ive got some other more important mods to do before im gonna be able to afford a set of full exhaust. Was wondering if anyone has ever gutted the cobra pipes completely. It will only be temporary, and i dont ride the bike very often during work season. Im considering gutting my pipes and making a video of how they sound with flybys etc. Just for shits and giggles, but will i hurt anything if i do so?

I dont mind sacrificing these pieces of shit for your amusement

yes running stock jets, plugs havnt even been drilled carbs never messed with besides a half ass sync job by myself, need to be synced again and im waiting on the morgan carbtune a friend of mine has. I just took the cobras off and ran it open headers and made a video. Ill have it uploaded shortly. sounds BAD ASS! Low end seems the same But ive lost some midrange. highrange is somewhat better. im popping wheelies if i give it full throttle in first towards the upper rpms and scaring the shit out of myself. Never done that before!

Looks like you were having fun.....:biglaugh:

Thanks for posting that:clapping:

Thanks! Sure was fun! Sounds like an airplane going by with open headers. Cant wait till i get my new exhaust, i think im gonna go with UFO. I like em loud

Blimey that sounded mean! I've never managed to lift the front wheel like that yet, maybe I should remove my mufflers too and give it a shot lol

I did try to gut the cobras but its on hold untill i can use a plasma cutter. The caps are pressed in then tack welded and theres no way to get them out without killing the chrome. glad u like the video, and the reason it pulled up so easy for me is cuz im a fat bastard!

Hey Clint if you want loud buy a Marks 4-2 with 12" cans and 2.5" outlets... THAT is freaky loud.

I have 14" cans and 2.25" outlets and it's stupid loud.

The UFO that I heard lost all that cool Vmax sound IMO. The Marks has that cool big block sound.

Chris

Hey Clint if you want loud buy a Marks 4-2 with 12" cans and 2.5" outlets... THAT is freaky loud.

The UFO that I heard lost all that cool Vmax sound IMO. The Marks has that cool big block sound.

Chris

I wouldn't say FREAKY. I'd say.....Just Right! LOL. I've had mine for awhile now and really enjoy the sound.

Yeah, I can't do a throttle only wheelie either. That sounds like a V8 stock car racer....

I would kill the engine at mid and full throttle and check plug color.

Chris
hey chris, so your 14" with 2.25 is louder then the 12's?? I definitely want that BB sound. what jetting you running with those pipes??

I've not ever heard a Mark's exhaust before, but with my Kerker setup and a 2.5" competition baffle (minus most of the packing) I couldn't imagine any louder of a setup. I've set off car alarms just idling past them.

I know this post is over a year old but did you ever gut those cobras????

Funny you mentioned plasma cutting because thats what I was planning on doing with mine. I did drill out that center plate between the two baffles though with a half inch drill. after all that I still couldn't use a stage one just the springs and drilled out the slides, and 2 turns out.

Latest posts

Back