Anyone ever jet up to 130 mph or more on the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNN SUCKS DONKEY

Reaction score
I had a 3 mile stretch to myself today before i knew it i was a bit pass 130 wich is way to easy for this bike compared to any cruiser ive ever rode. Anyone else reach this speed or more on ocasion track or road if so what kind of air pressure is proper ?

I had a 3 mile stretch to myself today before i knew it i was a bit pass 130 wich is way to easy for this bike compared to any cruiser ive ever rode. Anyone else reach this speed or more on ocasion track or road if so what kind of air pressure is proper ?

150 on my Gen 2, I will be riding next week as the temps are going up and I will have GoPro cams on to share for those who care to see.

I'd be willing to guess that most all of us have hit 130 or more. Some of us do it regularly.. (Not me! 150 one time was enough).. All I did was make sure the road was clear, no rocks or potholes. We put a guy a mile down the road to stop any traffic that may have happened by. Then I let her rip. Scared myself silly. Nowadays, I really don't go over 100 too often, unless the Lasix kicks in and I have to pee.

When I plan to open my Vmax up which I only rode once last year, even my other Gen 1's I always scouted out the road several passes before I ran that fast.

Reason i ask. Cant remember where i read some ridiculous air pressure of 45-55psi if memory serves me right for 120mph plus riding.

I've been 145 myself on my max. The wife had a speed itch once on a straight stretch so 2up hit almost 140, but let off as soon as I hit it which didn't take long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran recommended tire psi from the book. Running the Dunlop qualifiers

143 on my 91 (only for 10 seconds).. Scary as shit but hellufalot of fun :)

WHo knows better than the factory? Tires are rated to 149 mph, the factory pressures are known, why would you want to bet your life on some internet shill? Go with the factory specs. If you have Z-rated tires, as long as the bike factory pressure agrees with the range of pressure for the tire manufacturer make them agree. That's the safe thing to do.

Reason i ask. Cant remember where i read some ridiculous air pressure of 45-55psi if memory serves me right for 120mph plus riding.

I've been 145 myself on my max. The wife had a speed itch once on a straight stretch so 2up hit almost 140, but let off as soon as I hit it which didn't take long.

You rode 140 two up ! Hot dam thats fn insane. With the 31" or so seat height it feels so unaturaly scary for me imo.

if you're going to open it up make SHURE your headstock bearings are in good shape and with proper preload.

As fast as these things rip into triple digit speeds it shouldnt take long. I've hit about 130 gps and it felt unstable so I shut her down. Shocking how fast and easy it got there.

Been to 135 on several occasions, a couple of them 2 up, Max was stable but I ran out of nads.......:biglaugh:........Out on the super slab I do the 85-125 roll on's all the time, mostly when i'm with other Maxers, I love the accelleration!!!.....:punk:......I run the Dunlops with pressure set at 35psi front and back.......................Tom.

Reason i ask. Cant remember where i read some ridiculous air pressure of 45-55psi if memory serves me right for 120mph plus riding.[/QUOTE

I never adjusted my air pressure for 3 digit speeds. I can't say I worry to much about it. I just check the pressure indicators pre ride, to make sure there's enough air, then go.

Latest posts

Back