Anyone going to Daytona Bike Week?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arabian2

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone in this group is heading that way. I'm trying to make it there hopefully from the 8th till the 12th.

Staying on A1A & will be attending one of the national flat track race nights.

I was there Saturday, went to the broken spoke and met Rusty and Kenny Wallace, Rusty's son builds custom bikes and they had several on display, including Tony Stewart's bike. Might go back up on Friday for the flat track race.

Mark, do you work at the Indian dealership? I was there Saturday and got an S&S exhaust for my FTR. I saw a Gen2 Vmax parked out back.

I was there Saturday, went to the broken spoke and met Rusty and Kenny Wallace, Rusty's son builds custom bikes and they had several on display, including Tony Stewart's bike. Might go back up on Friday for the flat track race.

Mark, do you work at the Indian dealership? I was there Saturday and got an S&S exhaust for my FTR. I saw a Gen2 Vmax parked out back.
I work at Ridenow up on Ridgewood ave about a mile north of Indian. They are our sister store(same owners)

Some pics of Bike Week, this being the Rat's Hole bike show.

Mark Hayward (R) & me, w/his bike.
20230311_143854.jpg
John Furber & me. I'm 5 ft 10 in. so yes he's tall.
20230311_141405.jpg

Karl Hill, he has lots of parts for sale, ask him, tell him what you need. His bike.
20230311_131204.jpg
Two pics of my favorite bike in the show. It's headed to someplace in Utah with a long course... .
20230311_124802.jpg

H-D 45 cu. in. Flatheads, on gas, no power-adders. Very clean & neat. Generators (two) and points, not magnetos for the Ignition.
20230311_124222.jpg
Another pic of Mark Hayward's bike.
20230311_142502.jpg

The fanciest VMax I have seen while here.
20230311_142042.jpg
20230311_123738.jpg
A pre-unit Triumph & notice the orientation of the cyl. head & exhausts. A hardtail, and check out the rear sprocket. Kind of a hillclimber/post-apocalyptic bug-out two-wheeler. Slap some smooth tires on it suitable for round & round, replace the front brake with a spool hub, and I'd think it was a flat tracker.
20230311_122124.jpg

While chatting with my fellow VMax'ers, Sean Morley's and Captain Kyle's names were mentioned as resources for work & parts. Though you may not have been there, your contributions to the VMax brotherhood were recognized and appreciated.

I didn't see Ron from the NY Finger Lakes or Marcus, w/his 1500 Tourmax. Joe Raulf of Boxenstopp was mentioned in memorium as a provider of parts, service, and a place to congregate during Daytona Beach Bike Week. He was someone tall-enough to look John Furber in the eye, dead-even.

Attachments

• 20230311_141405.jpg
    20230311_141405.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Awesome pics, I was back up there yesterday for the daytona 200. Lots of bikes at the speedway, but didn't see any Vmax's.

We ate at Bahama Breeze restaurant across from the Speedway, and a Gen. II two-up came into the parking lot, and parked next to us as we were departing. An Argentinean fellow and his girlfriend from Uruguay, now in the USA.

Back