Anyone have stock carb needle pic or description???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmcandrew

Reaction score
Pulled my needle jet as I'm running lean, the nylon stoper has 2 washers between it and the c-clip, needle is stock 5ez43. Cant find pic or description, service manual pic blows!! One washer is same diameter as nylon stoper, other one is tiny.:ummm::ummm:

Thanks guys,

Frank

701269a2ec1cadfd65ae00a954460a6884b72124.jpg

Stock is top, middle Dynojet S1 and bottom DJ S7

Cant get to that linked sticky, says i dont have access????

Maxmidnight, does the washer sit on top of the c-clip?? Top pic only shows needle and clip

Thanks for the fast responses...

Got to the sticky, i guess i need a diagram of how the stock needle set goes into the diaphram...all the pieces...i have no idea what PO did...

Thanks

Frank

Thank you Rhoy! Looks like PO shimmed with both the washer that belongs on the clip and another tiny washer...no wounder i'm running lean after the K&N and exhaust deflector mod. A/F screws were all 3 turns out, reset to 2.5, hopefully that will put me back rich, better rich than too lean...

the tiny washer goes under the e clip on top of the plastic piece, the larger washer is there for the spring to rest on to hold the needle stationary.

Yeah...I know...so feeling a little dumb at the moment:bang head::bang head::bang head:, but I think i've nailed down the issue. My 2 front plugs showed lean, but the 2 rear show rich (kinda didn't do the due dilligence I should have as I only pulled the front 2 plugs and figured they were all the same...ooops:damn angry:). Everything I'm looking at says it should be rich and would account for my choke not working well (more rich). With 2 washer shims on the needles and 3 turns out on the a/f screw all cylinders should be rich...but not true. I yanked all the needles and they were identical. Of course something needed to explain the leaness in the 2 front jugs...there are tiny holes in the diaphrams, but only on the 2 front carbs...I'm guessing that is my issue...but I'd like some input from the carb experts. Also...need new diaphrams (might as well replace all 4). Did the shotgun whilst I was in there...

If you have holes in the diaphrams, they will need repaired or better yet, replaced. I would say that's why you are showing lean on the front 2 plugs...diaphrams are probably pulling late with the holes, compared to the back 2.

The washer goes on top of the E-Clip. Any shims that you may be using (if needed) sit between the plastic spacer and the E-Clip

0828102010-1.jpg

Yeah...the PO used that washer in the pic above as a shim along with another smaller washer...thanks for the pic and description...after i verify I've fixed my diaphram issue I'll probably go back to stock and access from there...

Back