Anyone have UFO, Holeshot and Marks within 2 hours of Erie, PA?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evenhanded

Reaction score
If so I'd love to come take a look and listen for myself. I've heard a lot of great stuff about all three of them but would love to see & hear for myself. Yes, Chris, I know Jon is the devil according to you so we've got that out of the way :biglaugh:.

If so I'd love to come take a look and listen for myself. I've heard a lot of great stuff about all three of them but would love to see & hear for myself. Yes, Chris, I know Jon is the devil according to you so we've got that out of the way :biglaugh:.

Nah... According to a lot of people... You won't hear that about Dale and Mark or Sean.

The issues of having to try wedging wood in there to bend it to fit and then sending the part back to Jon and then him sending one back then sending it back to get coated... BLAH BLAH BLAH... Sorry... Not cool IMO.

Just FYI!

Oh and I'm two hours away...

By air!:biglaugh:

Agree with Thunder! You'll see a crap ton there. Been there done that.

Chris

I'll check Thunder out - thanks!

4gasem, I just meant I already got the point about UFO, that's all. I still like to see for myself. On paper it seems to be a great system, plus the one style looks pretty close to stock, which I like. If I got a UFO I'd prolly ask them to install it being they are so close. Then I wouldnt have to worry about any of those other issues. The Marks's do sound great and they are a killer price, but in pictures I'm not quite sure about the looks - that's why I really want to see them in person. The Holeshots seem to be the best all-around, factoring looks and sound, but again thats in front of a screen. Anyway thanks for the input.

Make sure you compare welds as well... Sound is subjective from person to person. I like the boomier low thump sound while some like the more metallic loud sound.

Fact is you have to buy what YOU like.

I'm just tossing out a buyer beware which it looks like you are.

Chris

Nah... According to a lot of people... You won't hear that about Dale and Mark or Sean.

The issues of having to try wedging wood in there to bend it to fit and then sending the part back to Jon and then him sending one back then sending it back to get coated... BLAH BLAH BLAH... Sorry... Not cool IMO.
Chris
I've head that hes using the MMA welding method with plastic sticks?

I will definitely look at the welds too, thanks. I like it boomy AND loud, hehe. I guess I could have a UFO on one side and a Marks on the other. Every other bike I've owned you could find tons of used pipes to try out, and re-sell them for about what you paid if you didnt like them. Seems there is very little used VMAX pipe market.

Make sure you compare welds as well... Sound is subjective from person to person. I like the boomier low thump sound while some like the more metallic loud sound.

Fact is you have to buy what YOU like.

I'm just tossing out a buyer beware which it looks like you are.

Chris

I'll check Thunder out - thanks!

4gasem, I just meant I already got the point about UFO, that's all. I still like to see for myself. On paper it seems to be a great system, plus the one style looks pretty close to stock, which I like. If I got a UFO I'd prolly ask them to install it being they are so close. Then I wouldnt have to worry about any of those other issues. The Marks's do sound great and they are a killer price, but in pictures I'm not quite sure about the looks - that's why I really want to see them in person. The Holeshots seem to be the best all-around, factoring looks and sound, but again thats in front of a screen. Anyway thanks for the input.
If you want to see the marks or other exhaust systems, go to the gallery here and you will see the different systems on all of our bikes.
I just got the marks pipes in stainless steel and they sound like a fully hot rodded v-8 ,I wanted the quadzilla set up from UFO but I`m totally happy with theMarks pipes and they look great too:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I know, but I want to see and hear in person if possible. If I can't thats not too much of a problem, but money's tight and I want to get the best I can right away.

If you want to see the marks or other exhaust systems, go to the gallery here and you will see the different systems on all of our bikes.
I just got the marks pipes in stainless steel and they sound like a fully hot rodded v-8 ,I wanted the quadzilla set up from UFO but I`m totally happy with theMarks pipes and they look great too:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Yep. Any weekday after 3pm. Any weekend all day. Except for this coming weekend, we are going camping!!

That sounds great, I'll shoot for midweek then. Maybe go Tuesday for that Pig Roast at Lolita's I keep hearing about.

I've heard the U.F.O's just last weekend,and I can tell you that you could hear his bike over everyone elses,and there 10 vmaxes together,I liked how they sounded they looked cool too..

No I'm not within 2hrs away, but my max came with an older set of UFO's and it sounds very deep and aggresive! Iv'e heard kerker only, I liked them but not as much as mine. Iv'e never even heard stock pipes lol....Ive had my max for 2yrs and have only seen 2 others in person, a 94 and a gen 2.
Heck if anyone lives in northern MN I'd like to just see another max....

Shorthair88.............

I've heard the U.F.O's just last weekend,and I can tell you that you could hear his bike over everyone elses,and there 10 vmaxes together,I liked how they sounded they looked cool too..

They may sound nice, but too bad the customer support isnt there from Jon.

Thanks for the feedback! I've heard they sound really good too and perform well. If I go that way hopefully if the service is as bad as some vehemently say it won't be an issue - I'm hoping I won't need it once they are on.

Back