Anyone have V&H Exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sick1

Reaction score
I've been doing my homework...still love the sound of the Vance & Hines exhaust, but I've read some questionable reviews of this system. It looks great and has a very reasonable price too!

Also been looking at Holeshot 10" duals, they seem to be the best performers and sound great but oh boy are they expensive!

Whatchya think?

I've been doing my homework...still love the sound of the Vance & Hines exhaust, but I've read some questionable reviews of this system. It looks great and has a very reasonable price too!

Also been looking at Holeshot 10" duals, they seem to be the best performers and sound great but oh boy are they expensive!

Whatchya think?

I have that system on my 09 vmax. They look good. However the pipe joints are a bit loose fitting. You can hear a ticking noise from those connections. Also its a bit of a wrestling match with the mufflers trying to get the hangers lined up with the mounts on the frame. I had mine tied down to my bike lift so as to not knock it over. Theyre pretty quiet compared to the UFO exhaust I had on it previously. Which iam going back to.

I have that system on my 09 vmax. They look good. However the pipe joints are a bit loose fitting. You can hear a ticking noise from those connections. Also its a bit of a wrestling match with the mufflers trying to get the hangers lined up with the mounts on the frame. I had mine tied down to my bike lift so as to not knock it over. Theyre pretty quiet compared to the UFO exhaust I had on it previously. Which iam going back to.

Voodoo Exhaust is made from stainless steel and will never rust. We also have all of our systems in stock and ready to ship.

No offense to anyone here, but the V & H CS-1 exhaust is pretty close to the bottom of the barrel, and this is not my opinion but came from Tim Nash. He had a customer that insisted on using that system. The system was shipped poorly and the black on the pipes got scratched up badly and V & H would not make it right. Said if you looked at it wrong, it would scratch. Also the system is held together by springs and just does not fit tightly. Nothing lined up properly. He flat stated he would never install one of those systems again. Voo Doo makes a good exhaust. I spent almost 35 hours researching exhaust systems when I did my own bike. Normally I'd gone with a 4 into 1 system like a Hindle, etc., but I really liked the looks and the specs of the Delkevic. I run the 8 inch round Carbon Fiber cans (no baffles per Tim) complete with the decat pipe which I had high temp powder coated by jet hot to match the rest of the black exhaust header pipes. Even scuffed up and painted the inlet stainless side of those cans with Eastwood's High Temp coating so that only the slash tips are 'chrome/bright'. Love the sound but above 5 grand they get REALLY LOUD. I get a lot of comments on both the looks and the sound of this system and the price was reasonable while the quality and fit was excellent. I highly recommend the Delkevic system. They also have longer cans that result in a quieter ride if that's your thing. And Matt was a great guy to work with at Delkevic.... customer service was EXCELLENT...

Attachments

• VMax side photo.jpg
    VMax side photo.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
There is a guy selling a new UFO Quadzilla at about half price on here. Stainless steel and fits right.

I ran V&H on my 09 and have them on my 18. Never had a problem with them. Performance is good. Tim puts same program as holeshot in bike. Options. Go both ways

I ran V&H on my 09 and have them on my 18. Never had a problem with them. Performance is good. Tim puts same program as holeshot in bike. Options. Go both ways

Tim installed the same Holeshot 4 into 2 program in my ECU but told me that he could only get it 'close' as he did not have a specific program for the Delkevic system. He said absolutely I had to install a Dynojet Power Commander V fuel modulator to bring the 'flash' where it should be. Pulls were made before and after. By installing the PCV and fine tuning it, I ultimately gained 14 more horses at the wheel. Ended up at 197.

Latest posts

Back