Anyone here ever installed a trainhorn?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not plan on using the horn when in public... ever... so I hope I never get a fine for disturbing the peace or anything like that. Lol.

I am not sure how big I should get, I actually came here to try to get some suggestions. Let me know what is loud, but not dangerous. Thanks.

I actually came here to try to get some suggestions
You do know this is a motorcycle forum correct? You know, about the greatest, baddest bike ever made....Vmax!!! Not a "car" trainhorn one.... just kidding man, real train horns on automobiles are illegal in the US, but just like most things its only illegal if you get caught...

Go to a scrapyard, find a school bus, and steal it's airhorn. They're really loud but obviously still street legal.

Aftermarket electric horns suck. The dual FIAMM "highway blasters" on my bike are weak. Like when I'm driving at like 55 and honk, I can't hear them sitting on top of the bike. No way anyone else ever will. And yes, there's a relay.

The stock horns on my Nighthawk would wake the dead. They're waaaaay louder. There's two of them with different tones, so it makes that "out of tune" noise that's more attention-grabbing.

Latest posts

Back