Anyone install UFO lowering link?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacKaL

Reaction score
So I'm just going to say it that I"m not too savvy with Bikes...:ummm:

all I know is how to ride them fast. and oil change....beyond that nothing..

however I'd like to change that with this bike...I want to start doing thigns myself...so start off, how hard is it to install the UFO link? Has anyone done it and is there a video for it?

I hear instructions come with it, but some say it takes 2 hrs and some say it takes 5 hours.

i have installed one ,on my friends 2009,time depends on who is doing it .i would say it took me 4 hours at a slow pace because i never did one before and i was in awe of the machine and having a blast working on it ,and talking to the owner , my riding buddy for years . if your good with tools and interpreting instructions go for it . plan on lots of different ways to get to the fasteners because of the tight locations in the rear and follow torque specs from service manual . see ya on the road !

Last edited:
So I'm just going to say it that I"m not too savvy with Bikes...:ummm:

all I know is how to ride them fast. and oil change....beyond that nothing..

however I'd like to change that with this bike...I want to start doing thigns myself...so start off, how hard is it to install the UFO link? Has anyone done it and is there a video for it?

I hear instructions come with it, but some say it takes 2 hrs and some say it takes 5 hours.

I wouldn't recommend this as a first project if you are not an experienced wrencher. It's quite a bit of work.
You can't really hurt anything though...it's not like getting inside the engine, so if you have a lot of determination and a day to kill then go for it.

I did mine, took me 4-5 hrs with a bit of help...
It is just difficult to reach that top mount for the mono shock, the bike is heavy and you must be careful not to tip it over on its side (i almost did!)
It dropped the bike 1" on the back, then I raised the forks on the triple tree the same. The bike stills feels heavy/the same.

Back