anyone know where i can get these engine bolts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet man thanks!!!! Just ordered the blue!! I was gonna order stainless but blue will look much better with my black and blue sceem

If you know someone who powder coats you can use stock bolts. I was going to order orange but they are aluminium n stock are steel. I'll look into them more when I'm ready. I think the small kit is $60.00 will do all side covers? What kit did you order?

Powdercoating the bolts can be done but I feel with mixed results. Tendency to damage the coating when installing the fastner being the biggest issue. Hard to get coating inside allen heads, and the options like Moley Muscle offerings of stainless or polished or chrome sets. A better alternative might be Customized Creations (Todd) coatIng for firearms like Cerakote or somehing like that. If you know anyone that anodizes would be a good option too. Wish i knew someone here that could anodize colors for us! If you do that at work, maybe you can sneak in some pieces for while doing regular production runs. Don't get in trouble though!

I ordered blue aluminum it was 46 USD. All these bolts do is hold cases on there is no real stress on them. Our helicopter turbine jet engine cases are held together with aluminum bolts if that helps your thinking lol. But aluminum is better that steel in this case. Dissimilar metals (aka steel bolt aluminum case) causes galvanic corrosion. That's why sometimes when u take apart aluminum engines you can't break bolt looses bit when you do the treads are all corroded usually white powdery looking. In this case u will have aluminum on aluminum doing away with any corrosion plus they weigh like half the amount of stock bolts.

I ordered blue aluminum it was 46 USD. All these bolts do is hold cases on there is no real stress on them. Our helicopter turbine jet engine cases are held together with aluminum bolts if that helps your thinking lol. But aluminum is better that steel in this case. Dissimilar metals (aka steel bolt aluminum case) causes galvanic corrosion. That's why sometimes when u take apart aluminum engines you can't break bolt looses bit when you do the treads are all corroded usually white powdery looking. In this case u will have aluminum on aluminum doing away with any corrosion plus they weigh like half the amount of stock bolts.

Yes galvanic corrosion can be a problem.

However, galling that is caused by using similar metals, especially aluminum screws and aluminum threads can be far worse. Because these screws are anodized there is a slightly less chance of galling, but only slightly.

Best case scenario, avoid using aluminum for threads. Aluminum is a terrible metal for threads, especially if the fasteners are removed repeatedly.

Yes galvanic corrosion can be a problem.

However, galling that is caused by using similar metals, especially aluminum screws and aluminum threads can be far worse. Because these screws are anodized there is a slightly less chance of galling, but only slightly.

Best case scenario, avoid using aluminum for threads. Aluminum is a terrible metal for threads, especially if the fasteners are removed repeatedly.

I just read about galling. Sounds like so problem in this case. Galling is caused by friction wearing away the protective coating on aluminum and then creating enough heat to fuse the aluminum together.. theses are cover on a engine there is no was you could build enough hear up with these bolts to weld them together.. unless you cross thread and use an air wrench. Which no one would do on these bolts. But thanks for the info. I learned something new. I did not know what galling was

Mines on order I got blue ones.. wish they had blue spiked ones!!!! Mine are out of stock right now just probably be another week and a half

Back