Anyone try the Outlaw Fan Switch?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried that but I I think I may try his Vboost toggle, anyone take that one for a test run yet? I like that a lot more than the always on / always off toggle.

I think the manual switch is better than having the fan come on way earlier all the time with the different thermoswitch. JMO.

If your set on a switch you can get one from the auto parts store for less than outlaws price. Do a search on the forum for some part #s

Attachments

• Fan_TBoost_Switches.jpg
    Fan_TBoost_Switches.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22
I did and it didnt last more than 2yrs i went with a borg/warner and a manual switch

Instead of a manual override fan switch, they claim a different engineer sensor to cycle the fan at lower temps. Anyone try this?

http://vmaxoutlaw.com/merchandise/performance.htm

http://vmaxoutlaw.com/merchandise/performance.htm
Yes, the first thing I tried was that sensor from Outlaw. When I first got my max I notest how hot it got. The thing made the fan run constantly,eventually wairing out my battery.I told them about it.They said I had a battery problem. I never botherd to tell them that my max was brand new. I sent the sensor back to them & hooked my old one back up.Never had another battery problem again. Then I discoverd the over ride switch & it's been working great for 11 years now:biglaugh:

Attachments

• My view.jpg
    My view.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I think the manual switch is better than having the fan come on way earlier all the time with the different thermoswitch. JMO.

If your set on a switch you can get one from the auto parts store for less than outlaws price. Do a search on the forum for some part #s

I'm worried about the same thing.... The potential of the fan running too often.

Thx!!

Ok, I'm now a bit hesitant on the outlaw, and considering the manual switch

I heard Chris' comments that high temps are in range, but like many of you i would like to baby the beast a bit.

So, I have a question for you electrical wizards....
Instead of simply a manual on, manual off switch.... Can you develop a 2 minute cycle? Meaning that you hit the spring switch, and the fan motor is held on for a specific time duration. I was once told that there were some type of relays or other electrical component that could hold a charge once energized, then as the charge dissipates over time, the relay would switch back automatically. This idea would prevent you from having to ever turn off the manual switch, rather it would be more like giving the beast bursts of freshness whenever you choose haaaaaa.

What do you guys think, good idea? Possible? Thx

I haven't tried that but I I think I may try his Vboost toggle, anyone take that one for a test run yet? I like that a lot more than the always on / always off toggle.

I read somewhere else that vboost earlier hurts, not help power. Said the engine speed isnt great enough ( not enough consumption or demand) to benefit from vboost opening sooner, unless you had pipes and jets.

Search for more info. I have no direct knowledge.

The manual override switch is definitely the way to go if you want your fan on earlier than the thermostat turns it on.

I had a lower temp thermostat on my '86 in FL, and found that it did indeed keep the fan on a lot of the time when it wasn't needed, for example when cruising at 70mph+ on the highway.

I ended up fitting an override switch to turn it OFF, and found that my fuel consumption went from 95 miles/tank to 105 miles/tank with the fan off on the highway, constantly over many miles and many tanks!

Based on his pic I would assume a fan override switch and now I am jealous since mine doesn't look nearly as nice :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the link. I'll figure out how to search effectively eventually!!
Don't kick yourself too much. This site is a treasure trove of over 30 years of trinkets amassed by great minds with immeasurable amounts of experience. However, without the supercomputers crunching the search algorithms written by the army of PhD's employed by Google, we have to rely on the collection of humans that frequent the forum to mine the data.

One useful trick: take advantage of Google's engine. Enter into the search "site:www.vmaxforum.net" followed with the key words. for example: http://bit.ly/YkIIQR

Thanks guys.

Comments please on the timed relay, else I definitely want to try it.

Back