Anyone used POR-15 motorcycle tank repair kits?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maniacmav

Reaction score
Looking at this kit: http://www.por15.com/POR-15-Motorcycle-Fuel-Tank-Repair-Kit-_p_106.html

I believe my tank is rusting, just got the word from Danny that I had rust in my carbs. So I want to go ahead and try sealing the tank. Anyone with experience with the por kit or another product with good results?

I have some experience with the Red Kote stuff and didn't like it at all (friend's magna).

I used that kit on my wife's vmax 7 or 8 years ago. I can't say enough good about it.

I plan on using it on my bike when I strip it down to the frame, hopefully later this year.

Just did a replacement tank over the weekend with KBS 3 step system.. Letting it cure now.. Asking $150.00.. Did my own 3 years ago.. Still looks like water has been used in my carbs.. Checked them yesterday..

I've not used the whole repair kit, but I have used por-15 on a new and an old tank with pinholes. I didn't have to use the fiberglass that came with it, but it sealed that tank up just great.

It works wonderfully. Just make sure you don't get it on your paint, if you want to keep said paint.

EDIT: Their lab metal product is amazing for body filling with powder coating, but it's a bit of a pain to work with. The product is great, but it's pretty much like grinding aluminum if you aren't careful and build it up too much.

Latest posts

Back