Anyone with MAD MAX chaindrive swingarm please read

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone found a chain gaurd for the MAD MAX swing arm that requires only minor altering to make it fit.. I bought mine in FEB has no chain gaurd and its gonna make a mess. I found grease everywhere from previous owner plus the girlfriend will have my jewels hanging if she gets grease all over her.. I called mad max and no way in HELL am I paying $280 for a chain gaurd!!!!! :bang head: i was looking at bandit chain gaurds or possibly GSXR one.. So anyone with info me and the boss will apreciate it thank you

I got oring chain but ive always been told you should still lube an oring chain?? i have yamalube from my bandit made for oring chains... so i dont need to lube????

Some people will argue and say they do. Some people say no. Here is my opinion. The rings on a o-ring chain are there to keep the lube inside the chain. It is internally lubed for life. Putting lube on the chain does not lube the pins unless your o rings are junk. I can see the benefit of having some lube on the sprockets but of all the guys I know, myself included, I do not put any lube on my o-ring chains. I'm no expert in the matter though.

Some people will argue and say they do. Some people say no. Here is my opinion. The rings on a o-ring chain are there to keep the lube inside the chain. It is internally lubed for life. Putting lube on the chain does not lube the pins unless your o rings are junk. I can see the benefit of having some lube on the sprockets but of all the guys I know, myself included, I do not put any lube on my o-ring chains. I'm no expert in the matter though.

found this..

Using an o-ring chain does not mean you no longer need to lube it. The o-rings only seal the pins, they do nothing to keep the side plates and rollers lubricated. That's why there are lubes specifically designed for o-ring chains. The main difference is they have no chemicals that will damage the rubber o-rings.

Im no expert either lol i just always lubed oring chains i donno.

Donnelly,

Clean your chain with kerosene and a rag to get rid of the excess grease, then spray it with Dupont teflon wax spray, ideally when the chain is warm after a ride. It leaves a dry film that does not attract dust / dirt and will not fling off. I've used the spray on 2 chain-drive Triumph Sprints for longer distance riding without issue. MUCH better than the sticky, messy chain lubes out there.

I was wondering if anyone found a chain gaurd for the MAD MAX swing arm that requires only minor altering to make it fit.. I bought mine in FEB has no chain gaurd and its gonna make a mess. I found grease everywhere from previous owner plus the girlfriend will have my jewels hanging if she gets grease all over her.. I called mad max and no way in HELL am I paying $280 for a chain gaurd!!!!! :bang head: i was looking at bandit chain gaurds or possibly GSXR one.. So anyone with info me and the boss will apreciate it thank you

Tiger Racing... There should be one here that will work for you. They will probably make one special if you'd like

This was the chain gaurd that came on my madmax bike..............................for $280 I'll make you one just like it:rofl_200:. and it didnt look this good when I got it I had to polish it.:ummm: you could make one VERY EASY. its only a piece of aluminum angle with a mounting tab welded to it.

Attachments

• ScannedImage009.jpg
    ScannedImage009.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 102
This was the chain gaurd that came on my madmax bike..............................for $280 I'll make you one just like it:rofl_200:. and it didnt look this good when I got it I had to polish it.:ummm: you could make one VERY EASY. its only a piece of aluminum angle with a mounting tab welded to it.

I might bend something up at work we got aluminum, a break, and a shear .. and exactly the lady said so
etching about it being adjustable for switching sprockets at the track. I don't need all that.. all the pictures I've seen I would never pay 280 for a chain gaurd unless it added 10:rofl_200: horse

I might bend something up at work we got aluminum, a break, and a shear .. and exactly the lady said so
etching about it being adjustable for switching sprockets at the track. I don't need all that.. all the pictures I've seen I would never pay 280 for a chain gaurd unless it added 10:rofl_200: horse

:punk: sounds like all you need is someone that can weld aluminum ! and I couldnt take $280 for that chaingaurd anyway, Id be arrested for stealing.

:punk: sounds like all you need is someone that can weld aluminum ! and I couldnt take $280 for that chaingaurd anyway, Id be arrested for stealing.

My girl friends brother is a welder :eusa_dance: id but it off ya for 280 if you sold me a seat for 150 Bahaha :rofl_200:

I think I have a mad max arm with it's guard on it still. Probably could look at duplicating it. It's not a super flimsy part but it's not $280 worth either.

Sean

I think I have a mad max arm with it's guard on it still. Probably could look at duplicating it. It's not a super flimsy part but it's not $280 worth either.

Sean

Thanx for the info... i think i might go with that universal one im gonna call them tomorrow and figure out demensions.. unless you can make a cooler one for less than 80.. im spending to much on my bike and not fixing my work car lol dam MONKEY :eusa_dance:

I have to ask, do you like the chain drive? Any issues at all? Was it worth it? I have heard it cost about $4k. how long did it take? Did you have to ship your bike there?

I have to ask, do you like the chain drive? Any issues at all? Was it worth it? I have heard it cost about $4k. how long did it take? Did you have to ship your bike there?

I wouldn't do it again , and if anyone else is considering it they should SERIOUSLY consider PCW'S Instead of MadMax. IMHO

Back