Are Gurued ECU's still available?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharmer81

Reaction score
I just bought an 09 Vmax last weekend. Bone stock, 16k miles. I'd like to install the Akrapovic mid pipes and keep the stock slip-ons. I assume I need a tune for this. I was looking into a PC and don't see a map for this setup. In researching, I learned about the Gurued ECU's. I also do not see one specific to that setup. I've tried calling them several times and nobody answers. Does anybody know if they're still in business? If I can't find a good tuning solution, I'll just leave it stock. I'd simply like to to have a little more sound, and I actually prefer the look of the stock slip-ons.

Thanks,
Eric

Yes, they are still available. Just ordered mine. With Akra de-cat your flash would be this:
https://guruedgear.com/ecu-re-flash-service-4-into-2-with-mab-ver-2.htmlYou may want to do MAB (remove restrictive funnel from airbox to allow more air) to match the tune. Easy job.
I think flash is superior compared to power commander, but you can add both and fine tune your flash with pcv. I recommend autotune with pcv, if you decide to go that route.

Yes, they are still available. Just ordered mine. With Akra de-cat your flash would be this:
https://guruedgear.com/ecu-re-flash-service-4-into-2-with-mab-ver-2.htmlYou may want to do MAB (remove restrictive funnel from airbox to allow more air) to match the tune. Easy job.
I think flash is superior compared to power commander, but you can add both and fine tune your flash with pcv. I recommend autotune with pcv, if you decide to go that route.
Thanks. Would just doing a PC make it run safe? I don’t really need more power. I just want it to be louder. Seems like a sizable investment between the pipe and the flash for just a little more sound.

Thanks. Would just doing a PC make it run safe? I don’t really need more power. I just want it to be louder. Seems like a sizable investment between the pipe and the flash for just a little more sound.
I’d say get a flash rather than pc. You should be fine with that, and you get numerous improvements that you can’t get with pc. Any piggypack product just adds possibility to something go wrong, imo.
I have pcv + autotune with akras, works just fine but I’m going for flashed ecu.

I just bought an 09 Vmax last weekend. Bone stock, 16k miles. I'd like to install the Akrapovic mid pipes and keep the stock slip-ons. I assume I need a tune for this. I was looking into a PC and don't see a map for this setup. In researching, I learned about the Gurued ECU's. I also do not see one specific to that setup. I've tried calling them several times and nobody answers. Does anybody know if they're still in business? If I can't find a good tuning solution, I'll just leave it stock. I'd simply like to to have a little more sound, and I actually prefer the look of the stock slip-ons.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric, The 2nd Gen has great power, that is why you bought it, leave it stock, save the money and hassle, just not worth it IMHO. I kept my 05 stock, glad I did, prefer riding over unneeded wrenching, and it goes like a bat outa hell, and being only 160 pounds helps alot. :)

Thanks,
Eric
I had heard that Tim was out of the country until mid August. Since it is almost September I emailed him last night with various questions about what I'd like to do and not to do with my bike. I do want to get him to flash my ECU along with some other minor mods. Will be waiting for his response.

I had heard that Tim was out of the country until mid August. Since it is almost September I emailed him last night with various questions about what I'd like to do and not to do with my bike. I do want to get him to flash my ECU along with some other minor mods. Will be waiting for his response.
Tim reached out to me yesterday and laid out my options for me. I'll probably do it, but I might wait till the winter so I don't lose out on riding time.

Back