Are My Carbs too rich or is the Spark plug gap off?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06x6spdGTO

Reaction score
I ran my 96 Vmax with Stg 1 Dyno Jet kit, K&n, Supertrapp 4inch with no pucks. i dynoed 98rwhp and 75 rwtq on a 50degree day. at about 6200rpm when the Vboost kicks in, the graph gets pretty unstable. any insight would be appreciated.

VmaxDynograph2.jpg

Vmaxdynograph1-1.jpg

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/06x6spdGTO/?action=view&current=VmaxDyno.flv

very strange almost sounds to rich they had that problem with mine with the kerker pipe it was 104 and 68 i believe on the torque they removed the y on the airbox when installing the k@n i believe i have the jet sizes and needle height if you want them let me know. if you know what is in yours made a big difference with all the dyno runs that were made be happy if it will help someone else out will find the card with all the specs if you want it . 26 hp up from yours your graph should be close to mine attaching mine

Attachments

• Img225.gif
    Img225.gif
    32.2 KB · Views: 41
very strange almost sounds to rich they had that problem with mine with the kerker pipe it was 104 and 68 i believe on the torque they removed the y on the airbox when installing the k@n i believe i have the jet sizes and needle height if you want them let me know. if you know what is in yours made a big difference with all the dyno runs that were made be happy if it will help someone else out will find the card with all the specs if you want it . 26 hp up from yours your graph should be close to mine attaching mine

That would be great to get those specs from you. also what was the temp yours way dynoed at?

I would go back to the stock jetting , for starters. With slip on exhaust systems, you should not rejet as it will make you run too rich. Even with a full system you do not have to rejet to get pretty decent numbers.

THIS QUESTION IS TO EVERYONE, DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT HAVE TO RE-JET THE CARBS WITH SLIP-ONS ? I HAD HERD THAT YOU DID, IF THEY DON'T NEED TO BE , I'M GOING TO ORDER SLIP-ONS TODAY, !!!

THIS QUESTION IS TO EVERYONE, DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT HAVE TO RE-JET THE CARBS WITH SLIP-ONS ? I HAD HERD THAT YOU DID, IF THEY DON'T NEED TO BE , I'M GOING TO ORDER SLIP-ONS TODAY, !!!

Nope, Slip-ons don't require re-jetting or a kit.

i will have to get the paper with the specs its in a bag in the garage with the differant size baffles just got home from work 14 hrs today will check and get back to you tomarrow

It would be nice if the dyno sheet had the air/fuel mixture line for us to read...:confused2:

I'm guessing you are way fat.

so probly just running WAYYYY to rich!! the guy i bought the bike from actually suggested going up a jet size becuz he said he had a dead spot at about 4800 to 5200rpm but if you bumped the choke it would clear out of it. hes also from rushmore MN dont know what the difference from there to kearney NEb. i know when i first start the bike after letting it run for 5 mins or so and just blip the trottle real quick it dies or cuts out real bad. it will stop acting up after about 20 mins or idle time.

well i got the vmax back from kearney yamaha 2day, they said my carbs were a little bit of sync. the reset them and the bike start fine now with no hesitation but still kinda acts funny at WOT when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It just seems to kinda sputter for a second then goes back to pulling. is this normal? or do i still have fuel mixture problems

Back