Are SS brake lines a significant improvement over stock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it worth the cost and trouble to change to SS brake lines

• No, it adds no significant difference

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waste of money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be interested in this but have no idea of the answer...

Do factory brake lines "bulge" that much under pressure therefore giving up feel??

The clucth line is steel except for the short piece from the master down to the frame....

I love the way they look that is for sure...

Supposedly it is, one of the reasons the lines don't flex. My buddy is giving me his late model Vmax calipers, I just need to get some adapters and late model rotors. I'll probably go to SS lines too. Eventually, FJR1300 master cylinder.

hello all, i replaced stock brake hoses with goodridge stainless steel brakeline kit after 200miles on my 06 max front and rear. the differance is amazing, like night and day. no more mush when you apply the brakes,they are rock solid and are easy to modulate!!. i must say it was the best bang for the buck.just make sure you back bleed the brakes to get all the air out of the lines when you install them.this modification is a must for any vmax.

I replaced all the brakes and the clutch with galfers from Bill Warner at wildbros.Mine were the stock 88 lines and I could see them bulging badly,they were overdo for a change.It did feel way better but the crap 2 pot calipers still did not stop it when I needed them to.I have not put my new 4 pot calipers on yet but they will be as soon as I get the heads and cams back on.
I also have braking stainless rotors,I have heard from many that have stainless rotors and they say that it is an uprade over stock.I found out the hard way that they do not do shit when you really need them.Mine are glazed badly and I am going to try stock rotors after trying it with the new calipers.
It stopped alright in traffic around town but didn't stop at all at speed.

Shawn, I don't want to hear about you bulging. TMI!

:red ass:

lol

LOL At least not prematurely right? LOL:rofl_200: :eusa_liar:

I've got SS on all my toys!
If nothing else, you get fresh fluid with cool looks! :punk:
For me, a good addition with DOT 4 fluid.

Latest posts

Back