Are these slip ons fixable?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never understood the fascination with loud exhaust. Loud doesn't mean fast, conversely it often means slower. I'm happy with my exhaust making the minimal sound necessary as long as they support performance. Anything else is just showing off and to some extent... posing.

Yeah I've heard the "it's safer" argument but any time I hear loud exhaust while driving my car, it's usually coming from behind a bike moving away from me. If you are worried about people running into the back of your Max, well you just not on the right bike.

No great loss having to remove the centerstand. They are heavy and ugly. The Dale Walkers are advertised as being compatible with the centerstand. Maybe so, but I still had interference when it moved through its travel and removed it. At least the tabs on the frame were OK. The Kerker requires them to be removed.

I have never understood the fascination with loud exhaust. Loud doesn't mean fast, conversely it often means slower. I'm happy with my exhaust making the minimal sound necessary as long as they support performance. Anything else is just showing off and to some extent... posing.

Yeah I've heard the "it's safer" argument but any time I hear loud exhaust while driving my car, it's usually coming from behind a bike moving away from me. If you are worried about people running into the back of your Max, well you just not on the right bike.
I agree, im keeping the stockers, I just want an aftermarket set for summer, In my opinion, not a single aftermarket exhaust looks as good as the stockers! Their beautiful!! But way to quiet if you ask me, also I live right next to the Milan dragway, every single car and bike out here screams lol

Lol my average speed is probably 105 or more

Hope that works out for you. Pretty sure it's 9/10s BS, but even then, I am familiar with the mindset. All too familiar.
Ok lol probably about 95ish, Ill take some GOPRO videos this summer to show ya guys, I mostly ride with sport bikes so Im constantly in the triple digits! Follow me on youtube @MOTO420 TELEVISION

I sense a Darwin Award in the making. I have a marks system. I can’t remember if I had to remove the center stand but like desert max said it’s heavy and ugly and no big deal to have it off the bike since I put it back on whenever I need to do maintenance. No slip on system will make any more power the restriction on our bike is in the main header pipes which are double walled and the inner one is narrow. Constant velocity carbs better known as CV carbs work opposite as has been stated pretty much every other carb. So when you flow more exhaust you pull more gas creating a rich condition.

Latest posts

Back