Are u f&$%#*ng serious? Ugh.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffclaven

Reaction score
So my 'new' 2011 gen 2 showed up last night... And, my gen 1 has some drops of coolant on the garage floor. Looks like it is leaking from a gasket above the oil filter. Don't see any bad hoses. Is this the water pump?

more than likely not. If your pump was leaking there is a weep hole on the engine case below the pump, front most RH engine case.

So my 'new' 2011 gen 2 showed up last night... And, my gen 1 has some drops of coolant on the garage floor. Looks like it is leaking from a gasket above the oil filter. Don't see any bad hoses. Is this the water pump?

Hmm.......hopefully nothing serious.

Maybe saw the Gen 2 and it's marking it's territory?

Shala's Honda Rune puked up quite a puddle of green goo when she first started it up the other day after a couple colds of hibernation. After inspection, all I found was a slightly loose hose clamp on that bike. Maybe your Vmax joints are a bit stiff from hibernation too?

more than likely not. If your pump was leaking there is a weep hole on the engine case below the pump, front most RH engine case.

Well, that's kinda where it's coming from but not 100% sure. Ill be off work in a couple hrs. I'll try to post a pic then.

Shala's Honda Rune puked up quite a puddle of green goo when she first started it up the other day after a couple colds of hibernation. After inspection, all I found was a slightly loose hose clamp on that bike. Maybe your Vmax joints are a bit stiff from hibernation too?
Come to think of it, Redbone will leak when it's cooled down and colder temps, say below 40 degrees. But this is not from the pump area but from the funky valve used to drain the system. I'm going to change the O-rings on it with the next flush of the radiator.

Come to think of it, Redbone will leak when it's cooled down and colder temps, say below 40 degrees. But this is not from the pump area but from the funky valve used to drain the system. I'm going to change the O-rings on it with the next flush of the radiator.

Mine has the EXACT same issue....and only at colder temps.

From what i can tell, its leaking from the middle hose coming out of the radiator. Looks like (hopefully) just an old hose. Looks pretty weathered. Gonna get a spring service anyway so ill just have my mechanic replace it.

I resealed my draincock assy last year, no big deal, just a few o-rings, there are a few clamps in the area, make sure they're snug..............................Tom.

I resealed my draincock assy last year, no big deal, ..............................Tom.

The Doc gave me pills for that, Tom. $4/mo or $10/3 mo's supply at Walmart. He said with a little more diet & exercise, I might be able to go back to just wearing the Depends in a year or so. :biglaugh:

(yes - it's that slow today)

Mine did the same shit when it got cold last year..

Latest posts

Back