Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for the 93 V-max. I still have my '82 CB900C. I just bought a '98 V-max and after riding all brands of street bikes since 1963, the V-max is the most fun.

Hello, Daniel from Custer SD. Got my 1st Vmax. 2005 red anniversary edition. Love it so far. Hope the weather lets me enjoy it more.

Hi all - Jas0n from Australia - Just bought my first VMAX - a 2005 red anniversary edition - a bit of a roughy but has potential - really feel the need to bring it back to its former glory - hardly ridden but serviced every year by previous owner. Look forward to meeting you all. Cheers

Hello Darryl from Atlanta, GA. I have coveted this bike since I first saw it, never thought that I would actually own. Well I purchased my Dream Bike (2018) early this year, when it fell into my lap as a 2018 holdover that the dealer didn’t realize that they had it in a box in storage. Dreams do come true.

Howdie folks, new member Jim from Upstate, NY. Just bought my 1st V-MAX in September. A 2007 with 6000 Miles on it. Ran a few bottles of Sea Foam through it to help with choke issue. New plugs installed. Synchronized the carbs which helped. Probably should pull the carbs and go through them in the spring. Need to go through the brake and clutch hydraulics. Been having issues with the clutch. Have a post out now for that issue. Everyone has given me good advise on what to look into this coming spring. It's probably ready for new hydraulic lines (12 years old). I would like to upgrade the suspension system and see if I can get it to handle better. I'm use to riding my 1982 Seca 750. I can whip that bike around pretty good in the turns. Got a high speed shake in the front end I need to figure out. It's a work in progress. I did receive my Yamaha V-MAX service manual. Some light reading through the winter months. I'll be asking a lot of questions as I go through these systems. All your replies are greatly appreciated.

I have been lurking around for a couple weeks. I picked up my 2020 yesterday, and I was able to put about 70 miles on the bike today. The hardest part about riding the Vmax was getting the smile off my face even in the 40's temp. I have ridden various bikes over the years and have always wanted a Gen 2 Vmax. I did own an '85 years ago and what a blast that was. I live in South Carolina, just minutes from the start of Moonshiners 28. (Walhalla, SC) Hope to meet up this summer y'all.

I have been lurking around for a couple weeks. I picked up my 2020 yesterday, and I was able to put about 70 miles on the bike today. The hardest part about riding the Vmax was getting the smile off my face even in the 40's temp. I have ridden various bikes over the years and have always wanted a Gen 2 Vmax. I did own an '85 years ago and what a blast that was. I live in South Carolina, just minutes from the start of Moonshiners 28. (Walhalla, SC) Hope to meet up this summer y'all.

I get up around their quite a bit, I ride to Highlands, to cashiers, rosman, easly, back to Anderson. It's a nice ride except for all the cars from Highlands to cashiers, and cashiers to rosman....... Well atleast to the turn for 178.

I get up around their quite a bit, I ride to Highlands, to cashiers, rosman, easly, back to Anderson. It's a nice ride except for all the cars from Highlands to cashiers, and cashiers to rosman....... Well atleast to the turn for 178.

Not sure if you have taken any of the fun routes to Waynesville, NC. there is a great burger place in town.

Not sure if you have taken any of the fun routes to Waynesville, NC. there is a great burger place in town.

No, I'm not very familiar with the area, my wife and I moved down from NY 5 years ago. Only been around this area for 4 years in March 2020. As I live directly across the street from where I work, I don't get out much lol. Sometimes not at all if we work 6 days and 70 plus hours a week. I will like to explore allot more up that way this summer. I'm thinking of taking a few days off work and riding the tail of the dragon for bragging rights, and the Tennessee skyway. I work with a guy that lived and grew up in Bryson City. He's given me maps, and maps of roads, and places to stop, lol. More than I'll ever get to see in a few days. I'd have to take a week off work to ride and see everything he's talked about, and I still wouldn't get to see it all, lol. I did get on the blue ridge parkway way for a little bit with another guy I work with, but he don't ride anymore, so I've been familiarizing myself with the route from Highlands to cashiers, and rosman and when I get more comfortable with that then I'll start venturing off onto other roads........... Biggest thing is the gas mileage, and not knowing where a gas station is, I really don't want to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere in the mountains lol.

So you are in Anderson? I am in Seneca and have only been here in for about 1 1/2 yrs. I usually work 6 days a week, close to 70 hrs. I will be taking time off in early June to ride. I have done the dragon a couple of times in the past. It is cool to say you have done it. So many other great roads as well.

Yeah, just south of Anderson about 10 minutes out of town. I'm not much of a city person. I like my privacy lol. I bought my 18 in April if 18 band new. It now has 4300 miles on it, sending the ECU out next month to Tim Nash. Just installed the voodoo de-cat system. I hate working that much especially after buying the max, but it helped with payments. Was a 5 year loan it'll be paid for next year lol. You may have spotted me riding around, lol. That's my 18 in the Avatar pic. The 2020 still the Raven matte black?? Fuel mileage is similar to the gen 1, I had a 97 I sold so I could get the 18. I miss it, but I love the 18 just as much. Best I got was in July, riding with my dad back home he has a Vstar 650. I got just over 100 miles before my gas light come on, and the worst I got was 68 miles till fuel light lol. They are a blast to ride though.

So you are in Anderson? I am in Seneca and have only been here in for about 1 1/2 yrs. I usually work 6 days a week, close to 70 hrs. I will be taking time off in early June to ride. I have done the dragon a couple of times in the past. It is cool to say you have done it. So many other great roads as well.

I dunno what would be cooler, saying you done it, or saying you done it on a Vmax lol. Or first time on a Vmax lol.

Yeah, just south of Anderson about 10 minutes out of town. I'm not much of a city person. I like my privacy lol. I bought my 18 in April if 18 band new. It now has 4300 miles on it, sending the ECU out next month to Tim Nash. Just installed the voodoo de-cat system. I hate working that much especially after buying the max, but it helped with payments. Was a 5 year loan it'll be paid for next year lol. You may have spotted me riding around, lol. That's my 18 in the Avatar pic. The 2020 still the Raven matte black?? Fuel mileage is similar to the gen 1, I had a 97 I sold so I could get the 18. I miss it, but I love the 18 just as much. Best I got was in July, riding with my dad back home he has a Vstar 650. I got just over 100 miles before my gas light come on, and the worst I got was 68 miles till fuel light lol. They are a blast to ride though.

2020 is Raven matte black. I love the look. I do not plan on any performance mods for mine, I am going to do something with the whole rear tail section, that stuff behind the rear fender/tail light is just terrible. I have not actually seen any other Vmax's on the road. We will need to meet up come spring for a ride up to Waynesville for a burger.

2020 is Raven matte black. I love the look. I do not plan on any performance mods for mine, I am going to do something with the whole rear tail section, that stuff behind the rear fender/tail light is just terrible. I have not actually seen any other Vmax's on the road. We will need to meet up come spring for a ride up to Waynesville for a burger.

I told my wife when I heard the 18 would be the last, and it was Raven matte black that it was fate, I was meant to have it lol. I wasn't gonna do any performance mods either lol, but I did want an exhaust and the cat does 99% of the muffling, so I had to do a de-cat, and now the lean surge is absolutely annoying as all get out, so now I'm getting the flash. And I started a thread on a tail tidy. Allot of fellow members posted what they have with pics. And where they got it, and how much. That is something I'm going to do also when it warms up. I'm with you, I have only seen 1 gen 2 in the wild, and it was on a 4 Lane highway, going opposite directions lol. Absolutely, we'll have to set a day and time, I'm up for riding whenever. Be neat to meet another fellow forum member. I met 1 back up in NY shortly after I bought my 97, I sold him a grab handle. He just recently bought a gen 2 few months ago. I'd love to go to thunder in the valley, and meet allot of fellow members, but Everytime I think of it, it's too close to put in for vacation lol. I think 2020 might be a good year lol.

Back