Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new UK guy here. Just bought my first Vmax (2001 full power Canadian import 18k km) and picking up this coming Saturday. Always loved the look and rep of the max but never got round to getting one (too many friends with sports bikes). Looking forward to opening her up that first time. Will probably customise a few bits but don't want to overdo it - anyone know any good uk sites for parts etc. (got yambits and exactrep saved in my favourites so far).

View media item 8993

Last edited:
Hey guys
My name is Denci i’m in Las Vegas I picked up a 1998 Vmax that is 100 percent stock that has been sitting as a display for the last 14yrs.I have been wrenching on anything with wheels since I was in junior high school back in Oklahoma. I’m currently in the process of getting this amazing machine back to its full glory so I’ll be picking the communities brain from now on. I have to agree with Scratch that there isn’t as much info on the net for the Vmax as I would’ve thought but very happy that I came across this forum looks like a great community.

Hi guys, I'm new here. Got a 1990 gen1 a few moth ago, and still getting familiar with it. It's all stock, I started with rebuilding clutch, carbs and a new battery, still have to do is fuel guage, oil pressure guage, manual radiator fan switch, front and rear brake upgrades and many more things.

Attachments

• 20191204_215009.jpg
    20191204_215009.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 13
Hello Vmax family. My name is Corey I live in Southern California I have an 09 Vmax prior to that I had in 85 VMAX. Darryl Schulz used to use my 85 Vmax is a guinea pig sort of speak and built the original 4 into 2 headers for an experiment it also with a 750 Holley double pumper on it one time. Anyway hope to get acquainted if anyone wants to meet up for a Vmax group please let us know.

Hi I just discovered I’ve been a member when I tried to sign up as a new member, lol I’m from Ohio and I own a 1989 Vmax as well as a 1986 Madura. I’ve been riding for 35 years, I owned a 1997 Vmax for 12 years and had to sell it the last summer picked up my new to me 89 Vmax I’m hoping to own a 2nd gen one day as well, thanks Steve

Hi all. Oneal here from Dubai, UAE. Been a member since December, when I purchased a ‘92 Vmax. Was mainly learning more of the bike thru this group which has a lot of helpful inputs to the working and maintenance of the bike.
I have wanted to own a Vmax since I was a teenager back in India and in 2008 I came very close to picking up a brand new one , but Yamaha had discontinued the Gen1 and had re-launched the Gen2, which was way too much for my pocket then. Settled for a FZ6n instead.
Now I finally picked my Vmax and am totally loving it. Needs a little more TLC and then it will be perfect.
Thank you all for your inputs and advice. And love to read more of it. E4FA3B05-492D-4A14-B028-4831C94ED2D1.jpeg

Oh yes. One of those roads without a radar/camera. Most bikers come here to check out the capability of their bike in a straight line

Hi I am Richard from the Netherlands and restoring two 1985-ers. One frame is powdercoated and paintwork is done. Now waiting till Corona lockdown is over then we can start assembly!

Hi all,
I'm John from South Africa, Johannesburg. I have just bought a 1989 VMAX. It has some issues so am making it a project.
We are just about to go into national lockdown as a result of the corona virus so I guess I will have plenty of time to work on the bike.

HI Guys
Bob Vmax from New Hampshire. got first Vmax in 1987 ? The red 85 Vmax put 40k of fun on it. then a 95 put 50k, now got me a 86 put 18k,
Everybody says the 85 was the fastest.
Pretty hit 140 mph on all of them.
I tried to bury the speedo on 95 on the way to Stugis hit over 145 mph but things were gettin blurry, then my survival instinct kicked in. The 95 Vmax still had more but I did not.
Would have been a corny end in a field
Still got all the bad boys
ROCK AND ROLL

Latest posts

Back