Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your decision, you won't be disappointed!
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY.

Hey all, Luke from London. Looking to become a Vmax owner in the next few months. Came to learn from everyone and get inspired. I havent seen a Vmax in the flesh since deciding on getting one, if there are any owners in London who fancy showing theres off I would be obliged! Cheers
Hi Luke
If your still looking for a clean V-Max check out Metric and American down Bournemouth ive just had a very nice 1988 Canadian import from there it came with a full service and yes i checked all the work and i was very happy.

Hello all.
I am new to the forum and am picking up my first vmax ever this coming weekend (June 13). I am looking forward to learning a ton from the meme era and the forum. I would love to hear what are the most common first mods to these bad boys are...cosmetic, comfort and performance wise. Thanks again for having another rookie Vmax owner here

Hi new to site, had a 92 v max for a while, got a few problems but I believe perseverance is the game . Had a few of these bikes and always come back , so guess this one Is here to stay. Always impress me.

Bought a 2006 XLR1100 about a year ago with a leaking fork seal. Have put maybe 2000 miles on it and am ready to change out the fork seals. I think I can get away without the T-Handle called for in the shop manual, but just in case, and especially since I can't find one to purchase in the US, can someone tells me what the end of the tool looks like? is it an allen (hex), square?, what? Thank you.

Hello,
Steve here. Just joined the other day but been reading on here for a couple weeks. I have always had a thing for the max and just got one two days ago. This is the best v-max site I’ve found. So much information it’s incredible! Thanks for having such a great site.

G'day from Australia y'all.
Got a 1992 Max 1200 a few weeks ago.
Been working on the old girl a bit.
New battery, handlebars, mirrors, airhawk seat, heated grips, silver spray paint, LED indicators (what a pain to get it right .. diode in instrument cluster) and taillight, electronic flasher, Supertrapp end caps and a fair bit of rewiring. Dunno how many hours. Heaps. I stripped a thread so had to tap and die, snapped a bolt so had to use a bolt extractor, short circuited about 4 or 5 times. Made up special brackets for the indicators. This bike has some 299.9kph by the previous owner. He put a Ventura diff in it to help with the gearing.
I put on a windshield this morning which I think suits it ok. Just added a few pics.

Attachments

• 20200621_154855.jpg
    20200621_154855.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200621_155057.jpg
    20200621_155057.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200621_155020.jpg
    20200621_155020.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200618_224144.jpg
    20200618_224144.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200618_224220.jpg
    20200618_224220.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 22
Hello fellow vmax riders. Michigander here. This is my third vmax a 2009. I have also owned a 1990 and a 2001. Just can't seem to get away from these beasts. Looking forward to getting to know you folks.

Hi new to site, had a 92 v max for a while, got a few problems but I believe perseverance is the game . Had a few of these bikes and always come back , so guess this one Is here to stay. Always impress me.

Welcome! I know the feeling. I'm on my third one with gaps between them all. Can't leave them alone.

Bought a 2006 XLR1100 about a year ago with a leaking fork seal. Have put maybe 2000 miles on it and am ready to change out the fork seals. I think I can get away without the T-Handle called for in the shop manual, but just in case, and especially since I can't find one to purchase in the US, can someone tells me what the end of the tool looks like? is it an allen (hex), square?, what? Thank you.

Uh, I think you might be on the wrong forum. You'll probably be waiting a while for a direct answer from folks here about the XLR. But generally speaking, specialized tools for fork seal jobs are highly recommended particularly if they are suggested in the manual.

Hi from Greece.
I bought a used 1996 blue one (only 20000 miles and more than ten years in a garage) and realised that the Vboost was missing. Found the Vboost system, the servo and the controller, made the cables from the ECU to the controller and in a few days I will have it ready to fly (with new tires and a very good overall service).
Waited for decades to join your family

Hi from Greece.
I bought a used 1996 blue one (only 20000 miles and more than ten years in a garage) and realised that the Vboost was missing. Found the Vboost system, the servo and the controller, made the cables from the ECU to the controller and in a few days I will have it ready to fly (with new tires and a very good overall service).
Waited for decades to join your family

Well, that's the hard way to do it, Andreas, but you will be a happy man soon. Welcome to the club!

FNG here. Just picked up a 2000 V with 5K miles on the clock last night. Been jonesing for a vmax since around 98 or 99 when I saw one of my dad's buddies pul a wheelie on one in front of the church.

5k,,wow,,what is the story on that???
Original owner put 2,500 miles on it from 2000-2005 then stored it until 2017. Second owner bought it and had it fully tuned up and made roadworthy again. He put 2,500 miles on it from 2017 until I bought it a few days ago. It just needs some tires since they're pretty old. Other than that it's pretty minty.

Original owner put 2,500 miles on it from 2000-2005 then stored it until 2017. Second owner bought it and had it fully tuned up and made roadworthy again. He put 2,500 miles on it from 2017 until I bought it a few days ago. It just needs some tires since they're pretty old. Other than that it's pretty minty.

Of course we’re not going to completely believe you until you throw up some photographs…

Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Back