Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need to get a bucket of chrome from us!

Do you have any of these in a matte black? Either way, what does the kit run?
Thank you.
Re sandblasting.

If you are blasting aluminum surfaces, the abrasive media most often used is glass beads, sodium bicarbonate, or walnut shells. Steel shot or steel grit should be avoided.

The scoops have a tendency to corrode. With mine, not as bad as yours I used various grades of wet n dry paper and finished by polishing on a mop.

Alternative is to paint them, commonly the top or lower half was painted.
Yes sir, I was planning on going with bead blasting it for a more matte look and then deciding after seeing how it turned out if I wanted to paint them or not.

Do you have any of these in a matte black? Either way, what does the kit run?
Thank you.

We have the chrome kit which is $1100 as a package deal (with exchanges). The normal individual pricing would be $1400 so quite a bit of savings for the kit. I have debated also making a powdercoated kit which should be a lot cheaper. A few different coating options including gloss and matte black (plus many other colors if needed). A few part examples pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_163036.jpg
    IMG_20190506_163036.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200809_115058.jpg
    IMG_20200809_115058.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200809_115122.jpg
    IMG_20200809_115122.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200730_152233.jpg
    IMG_20200730_152233.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200730_152315.jpg
    IMG_20200730_152315.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200925_161839.jpg
    IMG_20200925_161839.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Temp 012.jpg
    Temp 012.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 15
  • Temp 014.jpg
    Temp 014.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 15
Just bought my first bike in over 20 years and I've gone for a VMAX something I've lusted after for years. Managed to get a lovely 93 Jap Import in yellow from a lovely old guy who was the first UK owner in January this year. Only got 21k miles on it and he put 45 off those on it before he realised it was just too heavy for him and it had to go. Before he sold it he put a black widow exhaust on it as well. I'm think of reverting back to the original exhaust which is in excellent condition and was part of the deal, would be interested to hear thoughts. Also advice on how simple that might be. Also looking to add a centre stand and a sissy bar if anyone in the UK had info on decent parts suppliers I'd appreciate any info

Hello & welcome,

food to see the UK contingent expanding. The frame number will give the full story about the bike.

Is yours full power? I've read that the full power version was not available for the home market so there were imports from US/Canada as it appears mine was (Candian model imported into Japan).

BTW the original yellow colour bikes are quite rare and it so happens there is a low mileage (680 miles) on ebay for just under £ 7k should you wish to have a twin.

re. exhausts, of the ones I've seen, my personal favourite lookswise is the original.

re. spares - DK Motorcycles, Stoke on Trent seem to be the biggest dealer in Vmax spares, trade as twowheelspares on eBay; have 7 centre stands listed.

It is full power, I'll check the frame no: info out, it is a Japanese import, only got into the UK in January this year. I've seen the 680 miles one and mine is basically the same but I think one is enough!
I do prefer the look of the original exhaust and I like the idea of a stock looking bike, just concerned about swapping back and wether I would notice any loss in power. Also I start work at some really early hours and I don't think my neighbour's are going to appreciate the noise on the black widow. Thanks for the link, I'm going to see how much my new hobby is going to cost!

Hello all!
I Just bought my first VMax after lusting after them for more than 35 years; Ever since seeing my first one on the street in1985! It's a Canadian Model 1985 that is stock except a variable V-boost module, and a K&N air filter.
It's been sitting for at least a couple years, and although it runs, I'm sure It will benefit from a thorough cleaning and tune.
Good to be here, and Thanks!

Attachments

• VMax 4-10-2021.jpg
    VMax 4-10-2021.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 14
Wanted a VMAX since 1985 and never dreamed that I would have one. Some 36 years later I bought my 2004 (last month) and can say that I am very happy with my purchase. This baby has low mileage and is in showroom condition. I am like a kid on Christmas morning .

Thanks for the welcome !!Sean I see your in Derby. I'm in Rush center. I'm picking my bike up in Wichita. Lippy

Hello all!! I'm not a new owner but a re-owner. I bought my '86 in '86 with 1,000 miles on it. Rode it everywhere for 12 years (Tail of the Dragon, entire Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive, all over WV, northern Georgia, Arkansas, Edgewater Drag Strip, even did the Penguin Road Racing Motorcycle School at Mid-Ohio on it). Sold it, regrettably, in '98 for a Superhawk . Now I have it back after 23 years!!! It's been sitting for at least 10 years. The last tag on it is from 2010. Already changed all the fluids and filters, washed/waxed/polished everything I could, cleaned fuel tank, rebuilt brake calipers, steel braided brake lines, pads. It will only run on starting fluid currently. Carb rebuild kit and carb boots on order. Shinko tires, either 777 H rated or 230 V rated will be next once it is running. Cannot wait to ride it again!!!!

Hi all.
From London (UK) and just got my first vmax.
Having some work done on her at the moment then will be on her and ignoting my TLS.
Lot's of interesting and useful discussions on here.

Attachments

• myvmax.jpg
    myvmax.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back