Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: newb says hello!

nother pic with latest mods

Neal_Wave_55.jpg

Hey! First :welcome_sign: to the forum! The ZRX are very nice bikes! You will definitely notice a difference between the handling between the VMax and the ZRX. However there are mods to make it handle better.
Congratulations on the new bike! :cheers: That 1300 mile ride home on it will certainly be fun.

Welcome to the Forum!

A couple of guys around here own that combo. Z-rex is a neat bike I think, and congrats on the new Max.

Rusty

New guy checking in...

:cheers: Good evening all, new guy here checking out your forum. Looks like a pretty nice place. I don't currently own a VMax but I'm working on that. I do however ride Yamaha in the form of an '86 Virago 1100. It's the first bike I've owned or rode on the street for that matter. Been on it 4 years now. I think I'm ready to step up to a VMax. Just waiting for the right deal to come along.

I may not post much for now but I'll be on sucking in all the info I can.

A couple of guys around here own that combo.

Rusty

that's cool.

there were two bikes I lusted after as a ute

one was the GPz1100 and the other was the V-Max

I owned an 82 GPz a while back, and the ZRX is a modern remake

now I have the other.

i'll post some pics of the trip, and maybe some PsycoMedic style food shots!

Thanks for the welcome

Regards.....................Neal

I like those bikes and almost bought one instead of my vmax.Rich Betz here in pa.has both bikes and I've never seen him on his vmax.He prefers to ride his green weenie.

Are you a new member? Come and say "Hi!" here

Are you a new member?

Welcome to the site!

biggrin.gif

Tell us a little about yourself and your bike...:thumbs up:

New member checking in...

Hi, all...

Just found this site, and signed up.

Here is my MAX:

1997 with silver paint, and black chrome pipes.
almost mint condition (except for the rear tire :biglaugh: )
maximus1.jpg

maximus2.jpg

All stock right now, but I have plans for a V-GAS setup, and UFO exhaust.

Re: New member checking in...

Whats up everyone! New member here hoping to gain as much insight as I possibly could into Mad Max. I just sold my 03' R1 with about 23513 miles on her with high hopes that the new VMAX will deliver on my expectations. :worthy: I thought I'd never get rid of my baby, but after seeing the concept for the 08' version of the Max, I just knew I'd have to have her! I love to ride long distances, so I'm really hoping to get more miles out of this one than I did on my R1. As a road racer, this machine has brought me a new found love for the sport cruiser. (if that is what you call it) :confused2: Anyway, I'll be looking in from time to time in anticipation for the release of the new machine & what you great folks have to say about it. All I know is, I'm freaking stoked to begin my journey on this bad ass bike. :rocket bike: I'll just have to settle on the R6 till then. :whistlin:

Take care all.

Jessie

Re: New member checking in...

Whats up everyone! New member here hoping to gain as much insight as I possibly could into Mad Max. I just sold my 03' R1 with about 23513 miles on her with high hopes that the new VMAX will deliver on my expectations. :worthy: I thought I'd never get rid of my baby, but after seeing the concept for the 08' version of the Max, I just knew I'd have to have her! I love to ride long distances, so I'm really hoping to get more miles out of this one than I did on my R1. As a road racer, this machine has brought me a new found love for the sport cruiser. (if that is what you call it) :confused2: Anyway, I'll be looking in from time to time in anticipation for the release of the new machine & what you great folks have to say about it. All I know is, I'm freaking stoked to begin my journey on this bad ass bike. :rocket bike: I'll just have to settle on the R6 till then. :whistlin:

Take care all.

Jessie

Don't hold your breath M8... Most Maxers believe we won't see it till '09 or '10...:bang head:

However... Welcome and enjoy!:cheers:

Re: Are you a new member? Come and say "Hi!" here

Hello all, I'm new here. I have an '05 max and just got back from Thunder not too long ago. It was a great time! I learned about this site there and I am looking forward to asking a bunch of questions.

Hello all, I'm new here. I have an '05 max and just got back from Thunder not too long ago. It was a great time! I learned about this site there and I am looking forward to asking a bunch of questions.

Welcome!
You weren't by chance sitting at the cool table were you? :whistlin:

Chris, Shawn and Nathan??? Did you trade mirrors for a Race-Tech cert?:ummm:

Cheers,
Chris

Yeah, I was at the cool table. And I did trade those mirrors, thankfully now that I think about it. later

Yeah, I was at the cool table. And I did trade those mirrors, thankfully now that I think about it. later

I was one of the cool guys that talked you into the Race-Tech!:whistlin: :thumbs up:

Good luck and again welcome!

There's a lot of great info here and if you can't find it ask one of the 'ol timers or mods to help ya out!

Cheers,
Chris

hey all,

My name is Ray. I'm from omaha,ne and just traded my 03 ZZR1200 for an 04 vmax a little over a week ago. I joined vmoa just waiting on the #. I hope to find some good input and advice from the guys with the experience with the vmax.

So far i'm enjoying the bike (other then the seat). Not as quick as my last one, but its all give and take I guess. My passenger is a bit happier though. lol.

I am a new member here and I have registered with VMOA (just need to send info/$ in and wait for Membership #):eusa_dance:
I purchased my "red" '92 vmax 6/15/07 and I'm really enjoying "Redbone". It had 4300 miles on it and purchased from original owner. I hit 5500 miles on this weekend while riding with my brother and his FZ-1. It is a bit wiggly in corners but a lot of fun nonetheless.:biglaugh:
I ordered new tires (Avon "V" rated, ft/back). I have a Tracy Design's "Gauntlet" windshield and a factory sissy bar mounted on it. Future mods I would like to do is Yamaha crash bars, probably a seat (Morley's or Sportmax..?), upgrade front brakes, drill out exhaust and maybe more. So far the stock seat has been ok, longest I have ridden is about 100 miles (between fuel fillups) but it needs top be recovered :wink: .
The things about the vmax I will have to live with for now are handling (new tires might help?) and the gas mileage (around 33 mpg).
This site has a ton of good info and cool, friendly atmosphere I am glad I found it!:punk:
Be well and talk to ya soon!
Brian

Attachments

• frtright3qtr.jpg
    frtright3qtr.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back