Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey 569, there is a thread about oldest surviving V-max, it appears that you indeed have an early one!............Hey Hoss, welcome!.......are you Garys friend we met this weekend?...................Tom.

Hello from Texas. Just picked up a '99 Vmax and found this site and have already found a ton of great info. Thanks to all of those that spent the time making it all available.

Omg..omg ..omg.
After 15 years of lusting/loving/and some lurking..
I FINALLY GOT A VMAX!!!
2002 yamaha vmax. :)
i had almost enough money..then a good deal came my way.(hopefully a good deal)
I didnt even get ot home yet. (but its paid for and title in hand)

Just figgered id post my intro as this is an awesome site, and Ill be spending many a rainy day,and looong CT winters here.
I'm looking fwd to gettin to know some of y'all ..gettin expert advice, and maybe ridin with ya some day.

thanks...
Awesome..I can FINALLY be and official member..(INSTEADA some creepy lurker)
thanks for having an awesome site.
T.

Omg..omg ..omg.
I FINALLY GOT A VMAX!!!

Just figgered id post my intro as this is an awesome site, and Ill be spending many a rainy day,and looong CT winters here.
I'm looking fwd to gettin to know some of y'all ..gettin expert advice, and maybe ridin with ya some day.

thanks...
T.

Welcome! glad to have you here. ( From a fellow C/F owner and former GS owner )

Omg..omg ..omg.
I FINALLY GOT A VMAX!!!

thanks...
T.

Vernon CT? did you get the max at the consignment shop in stafford? wecome to the site,let me know when you want to ride or try a seat !

A buddy of mine called me and told me about a vmax in stafford that was pretty cheap.he said it had cobra exhaust and they suck (IMHO) yeah their loud but they rob power..I dont know the bike but I figured vernon and stafford are close enough for it to be the same bike you bought. Was I right?4

A buddy of mine called me and told me about a vmax in stafford that was pretty cheap.he said it had cobra exhaust and they suck (IMHO) yeah their loud but they rob power..I dont know the bike but I figured vernon and stafford are close enough for it to be the same bike you bought. Was I right?4

Yup. ;)
good call.

V-four,whenever you want to ride let me know,Im only an hour away from vernon!

Watch out V4..........Rick will have ya doing burnouts and wheelies!...............A bad influence indeed!...........:punk:.............Tom.

V-four,whenever you want to ride let me know,Im only an hour away from vernon!

Awesome..will do.
I need a front tire and to get it registered 1st.. which (shld be) this weekend.

as far as seat... what kind of seats do you have? is it the lowere ones like ive heard tell of?

and.. as far as burnouts.. well the back tire is pretty new, so maybe ill go easy for
a while. ;)

thanks guys

Greeting from Malaysia :)
Join this forum and being a lurker long ago when I got my 1st 93'Vmax 6yrs back , but sold after 2yrs and grab an 08 R1 .
Then again , sold the R1 and back to 97'Vmax this June :biglaugh:

Thanks to this awesome forum , I learn & practice all of the common tech issue from you guys, and DIY for the very 1st time.
Upgrade the to progressive spring & lowered 1" , replace seal , got my wife help to pull the fork while installing back the top cap .. PITA

Replace steering head bearing , and to grind it off the lower race is real PITA

Repaint all to Matte black from silver

No plan to change the headlamp but somehow i drop it when checking the wiring. So just rush to car accessories shop grab 2 type of fog lamp , lower lamp with H3 HID , top with normal H3 cool white.

Also , no plan to trim the rear fender , but a blind rider just bang on me and lose his 4pcs front tooth. Will look for a replacement later.

Stage 1 Jet kit will be the next :eusa_dance:

You guys rock!! greatly appreciated :clapping:

Regards,
Julius Lim

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

Welcome back Julius! I wouldn't bother with a Stage I (or VII) with a stock exhaust, unless you just want to have adjustable needles.

Latest posts

Back