Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Thanks for the add. Just bought my first 96 V Max. I have a buddy I ride with who has one and its just the most awesome thing. I picked this old girl up for $1400. It has some flaws to her but can be taken care of over winter.

Attachments

• 20200810_075631.jpg
    20200810_075631.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200810_075737.jpg
    20200810_075737.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200810_075711.jpg
    20200810_075711.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 15
Hey, Thanks for the add. Just bought my first 96 V Max. I have a buddy I ride with who has one and its just the most awesome thing. I picked this old girl up for $1400. It has some flaws to her but can be taken care of over winter.

Hi welcome,

Nice bike for the price.

Looks like Indiana. I have those same pink flowering bushes @ my place.

Hi gang I have an 88 that I absolutely love A few plug fouling issues in heavy traffic but runs well on the road and doesn't let me down I have good rear shocks and progressive fork springs but looking for good frame braces

Allow myself to introduce... Myself.

New owner of a Vmax, 2nd Gen 2105. I've wanted one since the 80s. I've been riding since 85 or so when my dad put me on a Yamaha 80 dirt bike at the age of 4. I was the youngest of 18 cousins racing around a few hundred acres of country land. First street bike, a CBR F2 around 1993 or 94. Been riding my whole life excluding a decade where I had young kids and my wife objected to it. I've had about everything, R1, Goldwing, Softail... The vmax is hands down my favorite.

Vmax seems to be the most diverse and welcoming community of riders I've ever been in.

I'm up for a ride in North AL.

Glad I bought one and looked around the internets for forums.

Allow myself to introduce... Myself.

New owner of a Vmax, 2nd Gen 2105. I've wanted one since the 80s. I've been riding since 85 or so when my dad put me on a Yamaha 80 dirt bike at the age of 4. I was the youngest of 18 cousins racing around a few hundred acres of country land. First street bike, a CBR F2 around 1993 or 94. Been riding my whole life excluding a decade where I had young kids and my wife objected to it. I've had about everything, R1, Goldwing, Softail... The vmax is hands down my favorite.

Vmax seems to be the most diverse and welcoming community of riders I've ever been in.

I'm up for a ride in North AL.

Glad I bought one and looked around the internets for forums.
First off, kudos for the Austin Powers intro.

Secondly, can you post pictures of your 2105 Vmax. I'm not going to live anywhere near that long and can't time travel. ;)

Hi everybody
New guy here.
I'm on my 2nd max ,86 [yey]
It's french, no Vboost [boohoo].
Living in France, very rural , hills and hairpins, absolutely no traffic ,sheer heaven. Motorway close by for easy speed when I'm bored.
Keep well , stay safe ,thanks for a lovely forum.
Laurie

Hi, just bought a 1994 v-max in what I consider very good shape for $2500. Can't believe these bikes are going that cheap. I rode one in 1986 and wanted one since. I can't find anything wrong with it. The only things is it kind of sneezes every once in awhile under 2000 RPM. I'm thinking that might be normal since it is a high RPM bike.

This seems to be a nice place with lots of good information. Glad to be here.
The sneezing.......... could it be covid 19? get it tested.haha.

Hello, Newby here. Been riding for over 30 years (66 pretty good years in life so far) and have had over 20 different bikes. Always wanted a Vmax and finally got a 2006 that was cosmetically nice, but mechanically neglected. After a month of adjustments, carb cleaning, retorquing, fluids, tire and fork spring changing, I think it's about as good as it's going to get. I come from sport bikes but have slowed considerably with age. That's not to say I don't hang a knee out from time to time, but NOT on this bike. I have had Harleys that hold a line better than this machine and that is my only complaint. I'm glad I have had the experience and track time before I bought this bike because this machine will get you into a curve but getting out of it can be problematic to say the least. That said, for some unexplained reason, the Vmax is a hoot to cruise on.
Thanks for your posts and experiences shared here!

Hello there,

I've got a 1987 Yamaha FZX700 (Fazer), do I belong here? On the other hand I'm new to the scene of motorcycles but have always been interested in them and have gotten my hands in a few of them. Greeting from the Maryland area and hope to meet a few of you in time.
Respectfully,
DaneIMG_20200906_190125.jpg

Newby here from Glasgow Scotland. Although I’ve posted I’m a new member. I started homing in on this website long ago as Trigger (Gen 1, 1999) has had so many problems over the last couple of years (brakes and clutch seizing, carbs and v-boost, shims, etc etc etc), although I’m good with bikes and like to strip them to get to know them better, Trigger has been an effort. Some of the reads here have been intense (especially carbs) but very informative and has been not just informative, but necessary for getting Trigger back in the road many times over. So thanks allot to the informative people out there who spend their own time helping others out. I’ve travelled in the US allot working in oil & gas and love the place and the people, hope this site keeps going as Trigger has no intention of retiring for many years yet. Trigger....the best ride in Glasgow.

Hello all!
I just purchased my first V-max, a clean 2002 with 13,000mi. I’ve wanted one ever since I started riding, and I’ve gotten close but never pulled the trigger.
This is the tenth bike in my current collection that has some standouts like an 84 Magna, 73 CB500 cafe, 2017 Indian Scout and a 2018 BMW S1000XR. I’m stoked to have a max join the family and happy to join the group!
322065CB-7A48-4E28-99DA-0E3C74FEBED4.jpeg

Hello all!
I just purchased my first V-max, a clean 2002 with 13,000mi. I’ve wanted one ever since I started riding, and I’ve gotten close but never pulled the trigger.
This is the tenth bike in my current collection that has some standouts like an 84 Magna, 73 CB500 cafe, 2017 Indian Scout and a 2018 BMW S1000XR. I’m stoked to have a max join the family and happy to join the group!
View attachment 73005
13,000 miles,,,what is the story behind that please. :)

Hi All,
New VMax owner, 1996 I bought for $200. Had been sitting for 4 years, with questionable title transfer. I got that cleared up after DMV reopened. I got it home, on a trailer, bought a new battery and new gas and she started right up, but rough. Clutch does not work, but it does go into gear. View attachment 72275
A Vmax for $200?
That's an epic score.
Rock on with your bad self.
Happy modding?

Hi all Vmax funs

I have been riding a Vmax for 4 years.

I started Youtube for my important and favorite Vmax.
I speak in Japanese, but it doesn't matter what nationality you like about Vmax, right?

My fav Vmax 1999 2LT, first movie uploaded :-D

To Vmax freaks all over the world.

37974CB8-5CE4-4A2D-8831-6D1FB93096E9.JPG

Please find me if you like.
And I'm going to find you! !!

Thank you

I wish my '92 was that clean! The black is well-done, but I prefer the OEM for that year (color below).

Back