arizona vmax guru

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Gilbert and would be happy to meet up for a ride. Just had the suspension on my 99 completely overhauled by Eastside Performance, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. New Progressive springs, shocks, fork seals, steering head bearings, forkbrace, front tire, greased swingarm pivot, new differential oil, stainless brake lines, flushed and bled all hydraulics. It sits an inch lower now and handles like an entirely different bike.

:punk: They are the best around and ride Vmaxes and Harleys. Their site is www.eastsideperformancemotorcycles.com and they know how to build them for power. I've known TJ and Pam the owners since 1995 and his top builder is Brent. They tune your bikie on the Dyno and it will run great. Good Luck, Spurs

Last edited:
The main mechanic now is Nick. I think Brent left some time ago. Nick is incredible, and the bike handles SWEETLY! No-one there currently has a VMax, but they understand them PERFECTLY. Mine is going in to have the Supertrapps and stock headers replaced with the Kerker. It already has a Stage 7 kit in it, with the V Boost still functioning, which is how EastSide likes to set them up. Some jetting changes and the full header should make a nice difference in how the bike makes power.

:punk: Hey, Guess I'll have to get by there and talk to TJ. I know Brent got hurt when a left turning car took him out a year or so ago. Thanks, Spurs

There's a fellow named Brad in Phoenix whose name always pops up when Vmax is discussed around here. I've spoken with him, never met him, but believe he's among the best on the Vmax in these parts.

I have his number.

PM me if you'd like it.

I've hung out with Brad a few times, and ridden with him a few times too. He's a stand-up guy, and I wouldn't hesitate to say he's in the Top 2 most knowledgeable Vmax people in the PHX area.

I'm in Gilbert and would be happy to meet up for a ride. Just had the suspension on my 99 completely overhauled by Eastside Performance, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. New Progressive springs, shocks, fork seals, steering head bearings, forkbrace, front tire, greased swingarm pivot, new differential oil, stainless brake lines, flushed and bled all hydraulics. It sits an inch lower now and handles like an entirely different bike.

Rider in Gilbert, eh? Welcome to the forum! There aren't too many Vmaxxers around here, be glad to hook up for a ride sometime!

On a side note, I'm going to be a father within the next 2 weeks (hopefully) so my riding time might be limited for awhile. I definitely won't be getting rid of the Max though!

who is this Brad guy?! i posted a helmet for sale on CL and got a call from a guy named Paul. He was wanting to purchase it, but found another helmet because i called back too late. He told me he had a VMax, which i thought was cool. We ended up talking for awhile and i told him i was wanting someone to show me how to work on my carbs. He said there is this guy named Brad i should get in contact with and told me how nice and helpful he is. Came here to see if he was a member, guess not.

who is this Brad guy?! i posted a helmet for sale on CL and got a call from a guy named Paul. He was wanting to purchase it, but found another helmet because i called back too late. He told me he had a VMax, which i thought was cool. We ended up talking for awhile and i told him i was wanting someone to show me how to work on my carbs. He said there is this guy named Brad i should get in contact with and told me how nice and helpful he is. Came here to see if he was a member, guess not.

Brad isn't in this forum, or at least not an active poster here. Shoot me a PM, I'll get you his number.

that guy Paul i spoke to gave it to me, just got off the phone with him. he is gonna show me how to do it all "the right way" LoL. Thats what he said anyway, gonna meet up with him this weekend

I know this is an ancient thread, but... Just picked up a V-Max and am in north Phoenix.

I’m on my third Vmax in Chandler. Welcome aboard. My 86 is currently being revived. Again.

'78 Gold Wing (cafe'd)!! Many of us in the cafe/vintage scene have talked about building a "buffet" racer from a wing, but I've never actually seen it done. Well played. I was actually thinking of going that route with my Max, but... maybe not. I organize a cafe racer group here in town. All bikes are welcome. We hold the Monthly Mandatory every 4th Tuesday at Edelweiss Biergarten. Come on out!

'78 Gold Wing (cafe'd)!! Many of us in the cafe/vintage scene have talked about building a "buffet" racer from a wing, but I've never actually seen it done. Well played. I was actually thinking of going that route with my Max, but... maybe not. I organize a cafe racer group here in town. All bikes are welcome. We hold the Monthly Mandatory every 4th Tuesday at Edelweiss Biergarten. Come on out!

I get a lot of comments on that ‘78 Goldwing. It’s not the fastest motor scooter out there, but it’s a hoot to ride it never fails to draw attention. Not that I’m looking for attention. Anyway, it looks a lot like this…
59C7A536-52E6-496D-A703-B7DE16B7F9C8.jpeg

I get a lot of comments on that ‘78 Goldwing. It’s not the fastest motor scooter out there, but it’s a hoot to ride it never fails to draw attention. Not that I’m looking for attention. Anyway, it looks a lot like this…
View attachment 73297

Very cool bike, I wish I had one. A couple of my friends bought them new when Honda first introduced them. They were considered hot rods then.

One question though........how fast have you gone on it? The reason I ask I witnessed my friend go into such a bad headshake on his at high speed that I'm still amazed (as is he) he didn't crash.

This one handles pretty smoothly. Again, it's not a race machine, and I don't do it very often, But I have had it to 120'ish a time or two. But it's been a while.

I'll be at the Edelweiss Biergarten tomorrow (Sunday) with my wife for Dinner with friends.
Not sure if I bring the VMax, but good to know.

I heard about some Vmaxers, Saturdays at Pavs.

Yeah, I had my CBX at the Pavillions last Spring and there were a few Vmax's there. Too bad the Biergarten event is on Tuesdays...

I'll be at the Edelweiss Biergarten tomorrow (Sunday) with my wife for Dinner with friends.
Not sure if I bring the VMax, but good to know.

I heard about some Vmaxers, Saturdays at Pavs.

I'm stupid busy this week or I'd crash your party! :p

Last I talked to the Pav's organizers they were not even considering bringing the show back 'till spring. 🤕

I'm stupid busy this week or I'd crash your party! :p

Last I talked to the Pav's organizers they were not even considering bringing the show back 'till spring. 🤕

Yeah, just few people with Bikes, maybe 10 - 12, after that they go to TMP.

My gf lives in North Phoenix, 101 / 7th ave ...

Latest posts

Back