As bad as it gets!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
being taught things is great to up your knowledge of possibilities but the idea that thinking of something you were 'taught' will save you in any situation could be what gets you injured or worse because it could give you a sense of over confidence that over rides your actual ability,
you might think you know but you don't know because you're not a time traveller, you just assume you know and assumption is the mother of all f***ups, all you can do is ride with caution and be as aware of everything around you as you can and gain experience as you go, education is a good head start but experience is the true teacher
if you are riding along a road and there are numerous vehicles coming towards you from the opposite direction, any one of those has the potential of going out of control and hitting you and it could be over in as little as 3 seconds, a vehicle overtaking you could have a failure of some kind as it is along side you causing it to instantly ram into you,
it's called unexpected because you don't expect it,
even if you know something could happen and you prepare for it, when/if it actually happens there is a chance your brain may freeze from functioning for a short while due to shock before it can even process the situation to tell the body what to do,
bad incidents could happen to us all and not just while on our bikes, awareness to our surroundings is our best chance of survival, but nothing is guaranteed,
be safe everyone

Do “You People” (who play the “race card” any time they want to push their Liberal/Progressive bona fides) NEVER tire of trying to shame Us into silence!?

I'M A RACIST, since I have a different opinion from yours. By your puerile definition EVERYONE IS A RACIST. Grow up! Find a new flail! This one is USED UP!

We Conservative Americans don’t give a DAMN how you label us!

My username is is derived from a comment made to me several years ago. I lived in a mixed race (am I allowed to use that term now?) neighborhood once until it slowly became 99% Somalian. One evening outside my house I was confronted by a group of young male Somalians and told that I was the "last white man" on the block and that I should leave. Considering my options, I found this to be the best choice. Who would be the waaaasist in this situation?
The dirtbag that ran over the bikers is just that, a dirtbag. Don't make this about anything else.

being taught things is great to up your knowledge of possibilities but the idea that thinking of something you were 'taught' will save you in any situation could be what gets you injured or worse because it could give you a sense of over confidence that over rides your actual ability,
you might think you know but you don't know because you're not a time traveller, you just assume you know and assumption is the mother of all f***ups, all you can do is ride with caution and be as aware of everything around you as you can and gain experience as you go, education is a good head start but experience is the true teacher
if you are riding along a road and there are numerous vehicles coming towards you from the opposite direction, any one of those has the potential of going out of control and hitting you and it could be over in as little as 3 seconds, a vehicle overtaking you could have a failure of some kind as it is along side you causing it to instantly ram into you,
it's called unexpected because you don't expect it,
even if you know something could happen and you prepare for it, when/if it actually happens there is a chance your brain may freeze from functioning for a short while due to shock before it can even process the situation to tell the body what to do,
bad incidents could happen to us all and not just while on our bikes, awareness to our surroundings is our best chance of survival, but nothing is guaranteed,
be safe everyone

I hope that I'm reading this right... I am a person who treats everyone nicely until they don't return the same. I am heavily armed and easily pissed. Can become racist in a heartbeat no matter what origin or color you are... Believe me you don't want to be there... It'll be a trip through Hell... All men are created equal but can prove themselves unworthy of that in a Heartbeat... Hope I am On Point with this reply..

I hope that I'm reading this right... I am a person who treats everyone nicely until they don't return the same. I am heavily armed and easily pissed. Can become racist in a heartbeat no matter what origin or color you are... Believe me you don't want to be there... It'll be a trip through Hell... All men are created equal but can prove themselves unworthy of that in a Heartbeat... Hope I am On Point with this reply..
Hey brother... You're "On Point."

Last edited:
As the wise old Indian once said "Pick your battles wisely, pale face".

I;m going with what professionals taught me. And keeping a few days put together experience wise, as my salvation. But i'M NOT RECOMMENDING ANYTHING TO THE POPULACE. Just asking a question.
What professionals?

As the wise old Indian once said "Pick your battles wisely, pale face".
It sounds like SpecOps13 has the philosophy "It's not a question of picking battles... there are battles for which one must be prepared. After that... Que será, será."

Do you eject over the top, pushing off the bars? That's what I was taught at riding school. Or do you lay it down and slide under? There isn't much time to decide. That's why a plan, of some sorts has got to at least be considered. Hopefully non of us ever need to be in that position.
Eject over the top!? As in "high side?" What "riding school" teaches this!? A "high side" is caused when the real wheel locks up then subsequently "hooks up," starts turning and the motorcycle snaps to rolling straight ahead . It is NOT, NOT, NOT... a technique!! WOW!!

I couldn't give a shit what you think, Ed.

Uh, Oh. He's going ad hominem, that means, he knows his argument is weak. His childish statement adds NOTHING to the discussion!

Hey Pal, it's not what I THINK. It's what I KNOW! You expect us to believe you were actually taught by "Professionals" that going over the handlebars is a way to AVOID injury!? What was the profession of these people? Professional stuntmen!?

Let me clue you in; if you go over the handlebars you have NOT avoided injury... you have just incurred one!

No one on this list should give credence to your absolutely ABSURD suggestion! In a "high side," you will hit the ground in what paramedics call a "Superman" pose. Your hands are out and you slide along the ground as if you're Superman flying through the air. Except, you aren't flying, you are grinding the bones in your palms and wrists to the extent that amputation is a possibility. And that's AFTER you have ruptured your spleen or ripped off your testicles as you impact the gas cap and handlebar!

I witnessed a "squid" ("outfitted" for his moment of fame, wearing tennis shoes and a t-shirt) perform a "Superman" after he tried to show off on some flavor of Honda CBR sport bike. Not a "high-side but the end result was the same.

He did the wheelie he was trying to impress us with but it ran away from him. As he was thrown off the back of the bike, his right hand twisted the throttle open. I have never seen so much blood! His wrists were POURING blood! POURING blood! I think the abrasions were so deep that he had ground through arteries in his wrists. The CBR was totaled!

Your other "professionally" sanctioned suggestion? I knew a guy once who was trying to show off in front of his high-school on a Kawasaki KZ1000 and did a "low-side" after he lost control. He had a prosthesis, instead of a left foot! I don't know how much of his calf he lost as well. He never said and I never asked.

To those of you who are following this thread; Look 12-14 seconds down the road, run "SIPDE" continuously throughout your ride, be especially careful at the beginning of your ride and if you start feeling unsafe... SLOW DOWN! If necessary, pull over and get yourself composed. In a group? Pull over and get yourself composed. Keeping up with the group is not worth your life!

Don't listen to sdt354 or his "Walter Mitty" fantasies, take a course sanctioned and run by true "PROFESSIONALS” The Motorcycle Safety Foundation© Riding and Street Skills course. https://msf-usa.org/

Last edited:
Moderators please close this thread.It's gone a bit sideways and lost its intent.

You aren't contributing anything except that which might result in serious injury to those inexperienced riders who might think you are some sort of motorcycling guru (a "professional") and take your absolutely ABSURD advice to heart!

And you want the moderators to fight your battle and close the thread!? It has always been a thread about safety, so it hasn't gone sideways at all.

This thread can't be closed while people like you are spewing garbage that might get someone killed!

Your posts are the only ones that are "sideways!"
"Removed, not wasting my time."
"No shit, that's why a lot of guys that added substance here went to other places."
"No kidding, we get this once in a while. They ban them and they reappear causing mayhem until they're gone again."
"I couldn't give a shit what you think, Ed." and this one:
"Moderators please close this thread.It's gone a bit sideways and lost its intent."

Try contributing something meaningful or simply close YOUR responses to this thread!

Last edited:
I am gonna go back to one of the safety comments here....

"Do you eject over the top, pushing off the bars? That's what I was taught at riding school."

When I was a kid, I used to belong to a local motocross league. Granted it was only the 100cc class, but the principles are gonna be the same. Now....keep in mind, this wasnt a school. Just the advice of parents and managers....I was told to always get the bike ahead of you if possible if you are going down. Better to hit the bike than have the bike hit you. That advice tells me to lay the bike down and slide with it. And again, I wouldnt expect anyone to take my advice literally. This advice was for a kid on a dirt track with a small 100cc Honda. I could see how this would be beneficial, but I dont know if I would stake money on it.

The advice to "eject" over the top....How precisely does that happen? In what situation would going over the bike be better than getting the bike out in front of you in a slide? You want to be taken seriously, you need to be clear with details. Dont get pissed when people question it. Take a step back, a deep breath and explain what you were taught and why that would be a viable option. Either explain your position or deflect the question and troll.Then you can expect to be called on it. These are the only 2 options.

Running off to mommy(moderators) is a childish thing to do. Its a bit lower than the name calling aspect. It shows that you are not explaining anything or keeping on point.

Now with in topic of this convo and the original thread, IF.....IF the deceased bikers had enough time and options to work with, I fail to see how "ejecting" over the top of a bike would save anyone when a partially jack-knifed goose neck is running your way. There is option to maybe slide and bring the bike down. This was a car carrier goose neck, so maybe a couple could have survived by sliding under if they had the time and option. There is no guarantee in that.

There is a guarantee that crashing "over" the bike is more violent that "under" the bike. That has to deal with physics. Sliding under will dissipate energy.(You will lose skin but vital organs are intact-increases survival). You go up and out....you now have 2 forces working against you inertia and gravity. The reason why high side wrecks always end up worse is due to gravity. There are exceptions to every thing and these are no exceptions. There have been people who survived without a scratch a high side wreck and people who died sliding. But when we pan out, the bigger picture reveals laying the bike down....increases your chances.

not saying it was by act of choice but back in the early 1980's a friend of mine had a SUZUKI GT750, he was riding along a dual carriageway at around 70'ish when a car pulled out in front of him causing him to run straight into the side of the front of the car, he went straight over the bars and over the car and ended up in the road some way away, he was able to get up and walk around and had bruising and grazes but nothing broken, if he had hit the car he would most likely have been killed, luckily the point of impact was low enough to be able to be thrown over without contact, sadly it scared him into never riding again,
just wanted to say that sometimes going 'over' could be better although I don't know how you would plan for that in an emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back