Auction of GM A-body muscle car parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
There is to be an auction of GM muscle car parts, it is supposed to be Wed. in Hollywood- Ft. Lauderdale FL. I spoke with a friend who*has bought probably $30 K+ of motorcycle accessories, parts, & supplies from the liquidated business. He said the asking price for the inventory was $10K for the car stuff, but now it is under contract to the auction house. I have a video I took of the warehouse w/its collection of completely disassembled GM A bodied cars categorized into suspension, body parts, engines, trannys, top bows for convertibles, interiors-dashes, seats, steering wheels, etc; stainless body trim, glass, you name it. If you aren't interested, you might pass this on to someone else who you know, there is a lot of inventory, all stored inside, and probably going for not a lot of $ but it is an auction.*Check out the advertisement, i have not seen the website of the auctioneer so I don't know if they have pics or videos of the warehouse. It is probably ~20K sq ft, the size of a medium grocery.

Stamplerauctions.com

The business address for the parts warehouse being auctioned is 2338 Thomas St, Hollywood FL & it is on Wed. 7-13-11.

man id love to go i need some fenders for my cutlass that i have not found in my 10yr search. looking for super clean ones

I stopped by the auction site today & my friend w/the mcy accessories business bought nearly everything mcy-related. He has been buying the stock during the time they have been liquidating before the auction, & including the auction he has spent >$40K there. He bought hundreds of name brand helmets, tires, bags, clothing, parts, etc. I helped him move some things today to his shop, we filled two pickups, two utility trailers, & a van w/stuff. More tomorrow, he is getting the last of the stuff including probably >100 trunks & side bags, some of which are MSRP >$400 apiece (Aprilia & MotoGuzzi). He will be listing the stuff on ebay as his internet sales guy can post the stuff. He intends to move it, not try to sell it for close to retail.

As for the muscle car stuff? The entire lot went for $4500 & occupies an entire warehouse. I saw engines, intakes (including tripower sets), exhausts, headers, manual & automatic trannies, hoods, doors, trunks, s.s. trim, dashes, bumpers, convertible top assemblies, wheels, hi performance torque convertors, etc. Crammed into one of the warehouses the deceased owner had. From the looks of it, selling a few pieces to a collector loking for a correct date-code tri-power for his Poncho Goat & some similar pieces would pay for the entire inventory. It probably will cost the buyer more $ to move & store it than it did to purchase it. He even had a bead blast cabinet big enough to accept a frame from a body-on-frame car! This guy was 62 when he died & had a collection of >200 GM A-bodied musclecars of the '60's-'70's.

I stopped by the auction site today & my friend w/the mcy accessories business bought nearly everything mcy-related. He has been buying the stock during the time they have been liquidating before the auction, & including the auction he has spent >$40K there. He bought hundreds of name brand helmets, tires, bags, clothing, parts, etc. I helped him move some things today to his shop, we filled two pickups, two utility trailers, & a van w/stuff. More tomorrow, he is getting the last of the stuff including probably >100 trunks & side bags, some of which are MSRP >$400 apiece (Aprilia & MotoGuzzi). He will be listing the stuff on ebay as his internet sales guy can post the stuff. He intends to move it, not try to sell it for close to retail.

As for the muscle car stuff? The entire lot went for $4500 & occupies an entire warehouse. I saw engines, intakes (including tripower sets), exhausts, headers, manual & automatic trannies, hoods, doors, trunks, s.s. trim, dashes, bumpers, convertible top assemblies, wheels, hi performance torque convertors, etc. Crammed into one of the warehouses the deceased owner had. From the looks of it, selling a few pieces to a collector loking for a correct date-code tri-power for his Poncho Goat & some similar pieces would pay for the entire inventory. It probably will cost the buyer more $ to move & store it than it did to purchase it. He even had a bead blast cabinet big enough to accept a frame from a body-on-frame car! This guy was 62 when he died & had a collection of >200 GM A-bodied musclecars of the '60's-'70's.

FM , can you let us know what & when he's listing his booty ?

Yeah, it was sad to see all that stuff stacked-up waiting for the removal. My friend's shop, I am waiting for the internet address since I am < 10 min from the store, I never look online. Obviously, the stuff bought in the Wed 7-11-11 auction is not all going to be listed online overnight, but when I get a confirmation from them of the correct address, you could send them your needs & they may be able to track-down stuff they got from the auction, or from other dealer closeouts. The owner has been travelling the stste to buy other outlets' inventory. He bought 900 tires from this auction site previously. They do have a sale on Dunlop 404's 150/90/15-H rated, $119.67. Part # 32NI-50. The phone # in the meantime is 954-920-7275. You can tell 'em you saw something on the VMaxforum.net if you want, they sell stuff at a good discount & ship all over the world. He's been in business in the same community since 1972 & I have known of him since '74. I was getting parts, (tires) for my H1 Kawi back then & my Yamaha 360 dirtbike. Still have the 360, my first new bike.

I might be interested in any Pontiac parts that will be made available when the auction buyer has them cataloged and ready for sale. Please post up a link if/when there is one available.

Thanks.

Scott

I don't know who the parts buyer for the muscle car stuff is but if i find out contact info i will post it. Does your Pontiac have the "Hurst His-&-Hers Shifter?"

I recall you could get the 250 cu. in. OHC inline 6 with a "H.O." option, which was a Rochester Quadrajet carburetor, the limiting redline was the accessories couldn't rev as high as the motor! For their day, the LeMans/GTO were good handling cars. The LeMans w/less weight in front w/the OHC 6 was a better handler especially on tight roads. You could get it in the Firebird too.

I don't know who the parts buyer for the muscle car stuff is but if i find out contact info i will post it. Does your Pontiac have the "Hurst His-&-Hers Shifter?"

Although it wasn't an option in '70, yes, my car has the Hurst Dual-gate or His & Hers shifter. It was a TH350 column shift with non-tilt steering and I swapped in a tilt steering column and added the Hurst Dual-gate shifter and factory console (it's a Lemans Sport, so it already had bucket seats). I also added a formula steering wheel, swapped the 2V intake for a stock iron 4V intake and a Q-jet carb. It still has its "born-with" original 350 engine, but I would like to put a stroker Pontiac 400 or 455HO in it some day. I also added a GTO hood with hood tach, rear GTO wing, HEI distributor, dual exhaust, the sport stripe and chrome Pontiac Rally II wheels from Wheel Specialties.

Scott.

misc012.jpg

:punk:

Latest posts

Back