auxiliary fuse box

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody has experience with power distribution block or extra fuse box ?

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/

Currently I have horns, dual headlight, battery tender and GPS plugged to the battery and I want to do some clean up. A bit tired of the mess under the seat.

I have a four-fuse (automotive glass-type) box installed under the rider's seat. Two of the fuses are switched, and power the dual electric horns, and an auxiliary running light circuit. The other fuses are fed directly from the battery, (the power wire has a concealed in-line switch), and power the stereo circuit and the 12 volt auxiliary power outlet (which I use primarily for the GPS, other times for an air compressor)
Installation of the fuse box was awkward, given the limited space under the seat. If I was to re-do it, - which I just might do after viewing your links- I would go with that sweet looking Eastern Beaver unit, and perhaps mount it under the rear seat.
Cheers!

an auxiliary fuse box is in my to-do list for much of the same reasons as you--bunch of auxiliary stuff and inline fuses strewn all over the bike. i had thought of using this one and it was on my shortlist, but was never convinced that it was The One and was hesitant to pull the trigger on a buy for the longest time. when i did my COPs mod, i wanted connectors that would fit the OEMs and could only find them from eastern beaver, however, he had a $20 minimum requirement. i saw his fuse box and immediately knew the answer to both my probs. i have the beaver box in my project closet and am installing it over the christmas break. i've already tried to install it a couple weekends ago, but never completed the installation. i spent an entire morning trying to figure out the best location to mount the beaver box, how to route the "main" wires, where to locate the relay for the "switched" lines, and how to reroute the auxiliary gadgets' wires. along the way i found a couple of gremlins and spent the remaining day exterminating them.

the beaver box is of excellent workmanship quality and will be going where my #1 ignition block used to sit.
PC100146.jpg

yeah, it's twice the price of the one that i had been thinking about, but factoring in the requirement for the COPs connectors and the desire for a compact fuse box, the beaver box fit the bill. i forget how many "switched" terminals are available, but there is plenty more than the other one. plus what also sealed the deal were the "two" unswitched terminals that are PERFECT for my RFID Gaurd Dawg relay and the "ground" terminals which will clean up the "rats nest" of ground wires i've spliced in all over the place. FYI for those wondering about the "switched terminals", the benefit is when connected to a relay that is in turn connected to let's say the ignition key switch, your auxiliary gadgets won't drain the battery.

"jim" of eastern beaver includes a some heatshrink tubes, three ring terminals, and a handful of fuses in the kit. mind you, and it may be that i caught him on a bad day because he has an extensive list of positive testimonials, or may be it's b/c he is japan and i'm in the us; but it took longer than the 5 days he advertised as needing to process my order. PLUS he forgot to package my COPs connectors. He immediately remedied the situation, though. I'd buy from him again. Maybe it won't be as bad for you, Diablotin, since you're in the PIs. Gud lak sa 'yo

If you fit COP's then you have extra room under the seat. :thumbs up:

picture.php

Yeah i saw that fuse box to with neg bus. Half the price but it will take more space and offer only fully switched power. Jim is really doing good stuff no doubt.

I was planning to put a plate where the coils where sitting and put the new R/R just beside.
I also have plenty of place in the rear with the MV tail.
I just wished i could make the box more accessible without the need to remove the seat but i dont see any free space without removing the coolant overflow tank hehe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah japan to PH should be fast. But no sure since the customs here are a mess lol

also he was pretty slow with emails. as soon as he responded to my "hey where are my connectors" email two days after i sent it, i received them a week later. so based on this i'd say it took about week to ship the beaver box from japan to us. so including the 7 days for him to process the original order, it took two weeks from the time i submitted my order to the time it arrived in my mailbox.

All the stuff I usually order takes about 4 weeks to arrive. I have learnt to be a patient man haha

I've made 2 oders over the last 3 years and while it did take a little longer than orignally planned but oder was complete, the parts are we made as well.
As for the min order he has many low priced items that you can use to cover the min order, with which I didn't have any problem meeting.:biglaugh:

an auxiliary fuse box is in my to-do list for much of the same reasons as you--bunch of auxiliary stuff and inline fuses strewn all over the bike. i had thought of using this one and it was on my shortlist, but was never convinced that it was The One and was hesitant to pull the trigger on a buy for the longest time. when i did my COPs mod, i wanted connectors that would fit the OEMs and could only find them from eastern beaver, however, he had a $20 minimum requirement. i saw his fuse box and immediately knew the answer to both my probs. i have the beaver box in my project closet and am installing it over the christmas break. i've already tried to install it a couple weekends ago, but never completed the installation. i spent an entire morning trying to figure out the best location to mount the beaver box, how to route the "main" wires, where to locate the relay for the "switched" lines, and how to reroute the auxiliary gadgets' wires. along the way i found a couple of gremlins and spent the remaining day exterminating them.

the beaver box is of excellent workmanship quality and will be going where my #1 ignition block used to sit.
View attachment 25297

yeah, it's twice the price of the one that i had been thinking about, but factoring in the requirement for the COPs connectors and the desire for a compact fuse box, the beaver box fit the bill. i forget how many "switched" terminals are available, but there is plenty more than the other one. plus what also sealed the deal were the "two" unswitched terminals that are PERFECT for my RFID Gaurd Dawg relay and the "ground" terminals which will clean up the "rats nest" of ground wires i've spliced in all over the place. FYI for those wondering about the "switched terminals", the benefit is when connected to a relay that is in turn connected to let's say the ignition key switch, your auxiliary gadgets won't drain the battery.

"jim" of eastern beaver includes a some heatshrink tubes, three ring terminals, and a handful of fuses in the kit. mind you, and it may be that i caught him on a bad day because he has an extensive list of positive testimonials, or may be it's b/c he is japan and i'm in the us; but it took longer than the 5 days he advertised as needing to process my order. PLUS he forgot to package my COPs connectors. He immediately remedied the situation, though. I'd buy from him again. Maybe it won't be as bad for you, Diablotin, since you're in the PIs. Gud lak sa 'yo

I have bought from him in the past and had the same issues. with multiple emails back and forth I thought he understood what I was needing. Then when I recieved my products he had them all screwed up! He did remedy the issue and sent me the right stuff. However time was lost and then my project was about 2 weeks behind..... But hey if anyone needs some connectors of any size from any project let me know. I have access to pretty much any connector made :punk:
G

Back