AVON CHROME 130/70/18 + 200/55/18 combo feedback

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the gap between the front tire and the fender still decent with the Avon? Some of the guys that had the rs warrior swapped to a taller tire and had the issue of rocks getting jammed in between the tire and fender. I even remember one that blew the tire. Does it look like that could be an issue?
Nop!This theory is out of space. The gap is very good enough to avoid this issue.

Not sure if you have ordered your Avon's yet but I had ordered a set for another bike of mine. A couple of months ago they told me they had the Avon Cobra Chrome for the front but the 240/40-18 rear was backordered until May, then June and now July. I checked all the online bike websites and everyone had posted "Out of Stock" for the 240. I posted on another forum I am on and asked if anyone had ordered an ACC 240/40R18 lately. One of the guys said they were closing the plant in the UK that produces Avon's and gave me the link. The two tires you are speaking look to be in stock most places but just thought I would give you a heads up since it sounds like you like running Avon's like I do.
Read that the only Avon factory in UK is closing end of the year. I received the cobra chrome rear but the Spirit front that was ordered end of August was backordered with a ship date of 19 Sep. Just checked it again & now it says 19 Oct. I'm waiting on a response from the place I ordered...asked if the tire is coming or not. What other front will work with the cobra chrome rear? I don't think the spirit is coming.

Back