Avon Owner for Life

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafish2

Reaction score
My tire life was just fine, but I put new front and back on just because. In back went an Avon AV72 (200-55/r18 as I recall). Monday (while it was 93 out), I picked up a nail and found myself baking by the side of the interstate.

Long story short, I call Avon sales and they tell me every tire they sell has a one year limited mileage road hazard warranty on it! I told my dealer (who had been happy to take another $300), and off we went.

We'll see how I all rolls out in the coming days, but that's a pretty strong customer commitment. They'll get more of my money for sure!

Now the speedo is at least closer, and I seem to be up to 27MPG too.

That's awesome!

Nothing sucks worse than putting a nail in a brand new tire.

Ive used their road hazard twice and it has never been an issue. I love that cobranon the rear and the storm 3d-xm on the front.

Following up on this, I don't know that I love the tire. Mind you it remains the only 55 profile tire I know of, but I feel like it's a little hard and prone to spinning easily.

Following up on this, I don't know that I love the tire. Mind you it remains the only 55 profile tire I know of, but I feel like it's a little hard and prone to spinning easily.

I had one on my bike for a day, when I went land speed racing. I was expecting the taller profile to allow me another 3% in top speed and a class record.

Didn't work out that way unfortunately......could have been I didn't have the HP to pull the bigger tire or because the weather wasn't optimal.

I wasn't happy with how the bike felt when I was running around in the warm-up area so I took the tire off when I got home. I may have gotten used to it if I had kept on for a while.

Last edited:
I think the Shinko is a good bang for the buck, pretty-sticky, I tried the Verge. I used-to buy Dunlops for my VMax, usually, but tried the Shinkos, and am pretty-happy w/them. I bought a HFT (Harbor Freight Tools, if you don't know) tire-changer set, and a static balancer, which saves a bit of $, doing it myself. I had heard the Shinkos could take a lot of weight to balance-out, but I haven't found that to be the case w/these.

Once after installing a new Dunlop 591 Qualifier on my KZ1000, I exited the bank. to where I had ridden, and I found my less than a week-old rear tire flat! The cause was immediately-apparent, as there was a Craftsman allen-key wrench hanging-out the side. It was in the middle of the tread, but I didn't try to cheap-out and install a patch, it got discarded.

I think the Shinko is a good bang for the buck, pretty-sticky, I tried the Verge. I used-to buy Dunlops for my VMax, usually, but tried the Shinkos, and am pretty-happy w/them. I bought a HFT (Harbor Freight Tools, if you don't know) tire-changer set, and a static balancer, which saves a bit of $, doing it myself. I had heard the Shinkos could take a lot of weight to balance-out, but I haven't found that to be the case w/these.

+1 on the Shinkos. Within the small group of 18" options they are the best IMO.

They don't offer this in the UK as I have asked them, what a shame.

My tire life was just fine, but I put new front and back on just because. In back went an Avon AV72 (200-55/r18 as I recall). Monday (while it was 93 out), I picked up a nail and found myself baking by the side of the interstate.

Long story short, I call Avon sales and they tell me every tire they sell has a one year limited mileage road hazard warranty on it! I told my dealer (who had been happy to take another $300), and off we went.

We'll see how I all rolls out in the coming days, but that's a pretty strong customer commitment. They'll get more of my money for sure!

Now the speedo is at least closer, and I seem to be up to 27MPG too.

Latest posts

Back