Award Request for spec ops 13 -AWARDED-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey award Spec Ops 13

• Yes

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Wouls like to nominate dave for the Mod Monkey Award he has been steadily working on both his Vmax's & done lots to them & I dont even think the monkey likes him he throws him on the ground rips his pant hits him on the head if I was him I would just stay in the house.LOL

Re: Award Request for spec ops 13

+1 - The only thing more expensive than customizing a Vmax is customizing 2 of them. :rofl_200:

I support this award because Grumpy has so meticulously documented the mod monkey attacks for our educational benefit. He has done a service to a Vmaxers and provided nice photographic evidence along the way. Wow, the double monkey! Now that is the shit! You go Dave

Does this come with a Milder Mannered Mod Monkey?:new_ani:

This Redheaded one's tormenting me more with each passing day.:pullhair:

Toppled the 94 right on top of me while I was leaned down checking the oil level. Didn't do any permanent damage to the bike because I took all of it's weight..:oops:

Threw me to the ground by putting the 89's front wheel and my roll around stool right where they would create a domino effect disaster. Busted up my elbow and left shin in the process...:icon_axe:

Seriously, Thank You for nominating me CaptainKyle and others who support me for this award. I wouldn't wish my Mod Monkey on anyone else. I wouldn't know what to do without the daily torture. I do hope some enjoy my misadventures and know that when your down about having to work on your VMax, I've been there, will be there soon or I'm there right now....:rofl_200:

Last edited:

What is the definition of "Mod Monkey"?

They look like two completely stock bikes to me.

I wasn't going to answer this because I don't know that it's my place to do so but since it seems to have ended this thread and no further action has been taken, I guess it's my obligation to defend myself. I really appreciate that CaptainKyle nominated me for this award. He has watched and assisted on a some of the work I've done. If anyone knows how much of me has gone into these bikes, it's him....

Mod Monkey: Awarded to users with innovative ideas that they have modded their VMax with.

Granted, a lot of what I've incorporated into both of my VMax's was come up with by other people. The COO Fix, combined with the Kawasaki O-Ring Fix on my 94. The triple brake light / turn signal set up on my 94. The spin on oil filter for my 94 was a COO Model. The Kawasaki O-Ring fix on my 89 without the COO Button, didn't see the need for double protection after doing the 94. Soldering the wires that have connectors prone to dropping voltage from the R&R to the battery and from the battery to the starter solenoid and ground on the 89. Someone else came up with that too. The list goes on and on and on. Considering all the modifications I've accomplished on the 2 bikes would go on for pages with a list of alterations I've made. Over the past 2 years, I've honestly averaged working on the bikes I've had doing things to make them run better and / or be more reliable, 5 days a week. I made a 14 hour day just working on the 89, 2 weeks ago. That's when my Wife offered an ultimatum. She told me to buy a Gen II. I'm having too much enjoyment working on the bikes I have now to do that but may in the future. She and I talked and I slowed down but I've been out there every day since continuing my work....

Things that I've done to the bikes that may have been my idea?

I developed a mod for my clutch lever on the 94 that eliminates the excess travel enabling much smoother shifts. Soon to be added to the 89.

I've run door edge molding on the edges of my fenders and Faus Tank Cover for a more trimmed out look.

I found a way to make a functional back pack for the sissy bar that's now on my 89. It actually adds support for the passenger. All done without destroying or cutting any of the straps. I made that sissy bar too.

I made a metal part to repair the cracked center section of my stock seat. Using screws and JB Weld, it's a permanent fix. but it's not on either bike right now. It's in my spare parts.

Image One and I worked for a week making the graphics that are on my 94. The theme was based on the Bell Strafer Helmet but the art on the bike is original. Every panel and rivet was done with CAD. I used my computer at home to draw the pin up girl that's at the back of the rear fender. All of the art is Vinyl Wrapped onto the fenders and Faus Tank Cover. I assisted in doing that too.

I used Metal Speck Paint covered with Iridescent Clear to create a 3 tone paint job on the 89. Made the side covers 2 tone red upper, gray lower.

The exhaust system on the 89 is base Kerker. The core in the muffler is my design to enable a deeper tone than was originally achieved. More Muscle Car V-8, a Mellow Tone now...

Key Guards for the right scoop made from rubber mat material to protect the scoop with multiple keys on a ring.

There are a lot of minor alterations I've made to the bikes but I don't feel the need to get into detail on them, minor alterations to make things work better and more reliably...

Looks are deceiving, the 2 bikes you see are Far, Far from stock...

The vote count is currently 25 Yes and 2 No. It's up to those of you who have actually read and followed my threads and posts to carry on from there. Thank You.

For anyone who would to look, heres a link to the thread documenting much of the work on my 89....
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=15009

Dave in Florida

you_win_prize_downs.jpg

OF COURSE , I CANT EVEN IMAGINE HAVING 2 V-MAX'S ... :bang head::bang head::bang head:

And while Dave was doing ALL this work , he took the time to get some pics of his corbin seat for me!
I DONT think the MM award is about the cash you can throw at your bike , but the LOVE and Time you put into a project ,that Is either yours alone, or that can be shared with our fellow maxers.

Dave , you get my vote , for having the passion that makes us all maxers.

And by the way,thanks for the pics . The MAXGASSER does fit better then the corbin!

Saml01::confused2:

COPRUNNER: 2 Max's is a bit much....

twistedmax: I'll guarantee that yours fits better at the front than the SportMax I have too. Price and immediate availability were key to my acquiring it. It's much nicer than stock. Lower seating position and better back support...

I don't know if anyone from the site is recognizing this thread. I guess it's may not be in the right format???? Somebody, Help....:ummm: Anybody...

A guy with two vmaxes has to be respected... :biglaugh:
You got my vote... he he... :You_Rock:

It's almost as bad as I would imagine having 2 wives would be...
Atleast the Max's have keys and an Off Position.....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Totally can empathize with you Dave....at least they don't eat hay and crap on the garage floor....could be worse!! :rofl_200:

And a +1 on the MM Award....got my vote!!

Got my vote, for the time and effort Dave put into documenting his efforts in script and pix. I'm hopeful of getting a chance to use his documentation sooner than later... can definitely appreciate the work, having seen the 89 from inception to now- Good job, Dave!

Latest posts

Back