Awesome midwest afternoon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
So I went for a ride and tested out the 'ole Metzler rear tire. So far so good. I was messing around with my buddy on his FZR-600, he got beside me while I was around 3500-4000 in 1st gear and we both nail it. I haze the tire through first as he's right beside me, tag second gear the nose comes up about 3 feet and I roll out and back in the throttle and he pokes out about half a bike. When I got it set back down I roll back to WOT and start to reel him in again and we had to shut down. I then got my revenge two to three more times out and walked all over him later on during the ride. :D

The tire seems to work well, it snatched up the front end higher than normal and made me get out of it when I hit second so I guess that says something. :banana:

I made it out as well, and after a few hard accelerations, my tire is starting to show a few chords..... now I need to find someone in the area to get me a Metzler installed by tomorrow, cause it is supposed to be even nicer!

Right on. While I'm waiting for my drug test to come back about my new job, I have some side jobs to finish up this week, getting some flooring installed and what not across town. I'll be riding to work tomorrow too.

Unfortunatly I have to work tomorrow...:bang head:

Then to the gym to lift... :bang head:

I think my riding may be over...:bang head:

Now it's time to gut the house...:thumbs up:

I've been driving the Yukon to work then getting out the max at lunch time.27 and 30 degrees the last 2 nights.Sure is making some power in this cold weather.

For you perhaps?

Best time for cardio and weights for me is at the same time. I'm doing something called High Intensity Training or HIT. Google that. I've lost 25 pounds in four months and muscle mass has increased significantly. In class we do stuff like push ups, planks, running on treadmills at 15 degree angle for 8 seconds on/12 seconds rest for a total of 5 minutes. Pull ups, lots of core, etc. The key is no or very little rest in between sets. And, instead of doing a set number of repetions do the AMAP (as many as possible). Goal is to get your heartbeat at least between 150-180 beats per minute.

Before, I couldn't run worth a shit...not since high school. 2 weeks ago I ran the Race to the Cure race and finished the 3.1 mile race easily.

Good stuff on this thread. I'm happy for you Chris!

Mark

For you perhaps?

Mark

No it's kind of a known fact that you lift more after eating all day. Cardio is better in the AM as you do it before eating so it burns you and not what you just ate.

I can lift 20-30% more weight and at higher reps in the PM. Been lifting for some 8 years now so not new to the regimen... When I am done lifting my energy level is LOW and getting on a treadmill is hard. Especially after a leg day... That being said... I am NOT a morning person but I do walk in the mornings on the weekends and have SO much more energy and walking is much easier.

Good on you Mark! That's an awesome achievement.:banana:

My Max is hibernating till April. I figure the Roadie's got about another week or so:confused2:

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_1518.JPG
    Resize of IMG_1518.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 13
I'm getting ready to head out for a ride this afternoon. Anyone up for it? Chris, I was sooo disapointed, I called up to Metro Harley/Suzuki and they said they had the Metzler, but when I got up there, the guy made a mistake and it ended up being a dunlop... he cut me a discount and they installed it for free.... I guess I have a new tire for just over a $100, it think I did o.k.
A few passes at the strip should wear it down soon enough. Metro also said they can order the Meztler for $138 and still have free install on the rim if anyone is interested... didn't sound too bad to me.

I'm getting ready to head out for a ride this afternoon. Anyone up for it? Chris, I was sooo disapointed, I called up to Metro Harley/Suzuki and they said they had the Metzler, but when I got up there, the guy made a mistake and it ended up being a dunlop... he cut me a discount and they installed it for free.... I guess I have a new tire for just over a $100, it think I did o.k.
A few passes at the strip should wear it down soon enough. Metro also said they can order the Meztler for $138 and still have free install on the rim if anyone is interested... didn't sound too bad to me.

They're 127.14 from Ron Ayers plus shipping and install so that's an awesome deal! I should buy my stuff there...:thumbs up: It's 71?

I just got back from another ride. This time solo. Road through downtown Des Moines. Checked out some of the nice scenery getting off work. ;)

Road the back roads home, talk about an awesome October day! I was outside most of it cutting the flooring and trim work and was loving every minute!

I'm loving the Metzler so far and I found a matching front 110/90/18 in stock for $98.00 I'm going to snatch up here in a month or so.

It was pretty good here, I only made it about 30 miles or so, but had a great time. I'm not too impressed with the dunlop, my first hard corner I broke the rear tire loose and smoked the shit out of it! I probably looked cool from the cars passing by, but I was a little worried about the type of tire I just installed. After that though, the tire seemed to hook up o.k. I was amazed how much better it corners now.... and I didn't realize how flat my old tire was.

It was pretty good here, I only made it about 30 miles or so, but had a great time. I'm not too impressed with the dunlop, my first hard corner I broke the rear tire loose and smoked the shit out of it! I probably looked cool from the cars passing by, but I was a little worried about the type of tire I just installed. After that though, the tire seemed to hook up o.k. I was amazed how much better it corners now.... and I didn't realize how flat my old tire was.

You do know that you need to break in new tires right Jeff? :surprise:

It takes about 100 miles or so to get the releasing agent off the tires. You need to be VERY careful in that time frame...:thumbs up:

I took the day offf and rode about 130 miles along Lake Superior with my brother on his FZ-1. The roads were empty and lots of room to go fast! (top speed was about 135/140) Man was it ever nice. :thumbs up:
The bummer is that it may have been the last ride of the season for me.:tantrum: Cold front moving in and being on the SE side of Lake Superior with prevailing winds from the NW means one thing: :snow:

Latest posts

Back