Awesome product..Must read!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theemax

Reaction score
Between the gf, my neighbor, and myself, I had 7 push-mowers to clean up, get running, and sharpen this past weekend. With gas being the crap that it is anymore, only one started. Replacing the plugs got 3 more running but bad, so I stopped out to Autozone, and asked the guy if there was any product that ACTUALLY WORKED to break down varnish in the carb, so I wouldn't have to take them all apart. He takes me back and hands me a product called "START YOUR ENGINES" and said he heard it worked. About four ounces mixed with a gallon of gas, I put some in all the tanks. With the help of short blasts of starting fluid in the airboxes to keep them going till the stuff cycled through, six of the seven were running awesome. :confused2:
I thought.."We will find out real quick how good this stuff is", and turned my attention to a briggs mower the gf had not used in five years, and had about an inch of gas in the tank that reeked of varnish. No new plug, just shined up the old, and even left the old gas in the tank, and added my mix with it. Got it started with Starting fluid, and kept hitting it till it started to hold it's own, then wired the safety handle up and let it run for about 20 minutes. The garage was filled with that burnt varnish smell, and it ran like a champ. Have since mowed with them all, and most start on either the first or second pull....amazing stuff!!!:punk: About 9 bucks a bottle, and worth twice that in my mind, never pulled a carb.

It was made by Stabil I believe, and will try to get a pic. It comes in a small cardboard box type thing, with the bottle enclosed. It is made specifically to clean out varnish from the carbs, and it damn sure works! I really figured I was pissing nine bucks away, and would spend the next few hours tearing carbs apart....very impressed.

10193173-start-your-engines-new-product-fuel-system-revitalizer.jpg

I was having a lot of trouble with varnish in my pontoon boat motor. But now I take the gas line off at the engine and run it out completely. Has worked wonders. Not so easy to do on a V max though.

I was having a lot of trouble with varnish in my pontoon boat motor. But now I take the gas line off at the engine and run it out completely. Has worked wonders. Not so easy to do on a V max though.
You could unplug the fuel pump.

Or install an inline flow regulator after the fuel pump... ON / OFF... The pump would't run because it would reach pressure like the carbs were full....

Switch it back on to ride. Also could foil anyone trying to steal your VMax...

I've got a shed full of mini bikes and a cart, since the kids flew the nest I only get them out once a year for our car club picnic on labor day weekend, I always play heck getting these things ready and running, I will give that stuff a try........................thanks for the heads up!...................Tom.

It seems to me that most fuel "additives" are a variation of kerosene. Most products you buy either do almost nothing they claim, or some work moderatly well. This stuff amazes the hell out of me. Let me know if anyone has the same luck I had with it.

I must say this stuff worked in just a few seconds, I put a little shot of it in my leaf blower which would only run with choke half on and it cleared that problem up in about 30 seconds. It now runs like new and without choke half on, save me from taking it to the lawnmower shop which I know they would have charged 30 or 40 bucks to fix.:clapping:

Had some Sea Foam in it for months now....what ever was in the carb came loose or disolved within seconds after starting the engine.

You are right about that, I was totaly amazed........Think I will give Suzy Q a shot of this stuff.

Wow....could we have de-throned sea-foam as the "carb job in a can"....

Next time I have something running shitty (amazingly all my stuff is running fine) I'll give this a shot. I saw ads for it and figured it was another gimmicky bottle of rubbing alcohol in a flashy package...hmm...wonder what's in it. Oh MSDS, where are you?

...and it's the usual culprit IPA (rubbing alcohol)to soak up water, along with butyl methyl ether (aka starting fluid), and xylene (a highly flammable solvent). So it's a potent kick-in-the-ass for your motor. Sounds like something where you really wouldn't want to "over-dose"...I'd be somewhat worried about it toasting the motor if you dumped a ton of this stuff in a little weedeater tank or something.

There's also a note saying "severe damage may result if used in diesel motors"...so yeah....it flammable stuff.

I stored my Honda lawn mower over the winter with StarTron and it started on the first pull... Sat for 7 months and BAM! It's all about how you store your equipment.

This sounds like a great product for those who don't store them correctly though.

Looked to see what's in it... Isopropanol, Butyl Methyl Ether, and Xylene

Chris

Awe gee, I got ripped off, I paid $7.99 for a 4ounce bottle at Autozone and that comes out to be about $2.00 per oz.

Latest posts

Back