Awesome VMax poll

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What level of awesomeness have you achieved?

• I am the awesomeness all others shall be compared to and maintain it all the time

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • I'm awesome but only when on my Max

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • I have no chance of living up to awesomeness expectations

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Max's aren't awesome, they are the only bike gayer than a 883 Sportster

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

EvilD

Reaction score
When you ride a V Max a certain level of awesomeness is expected, vote as follows.

I'm not sure if this is referring to the Vmax itself, or the vmax/rider combo for overall awesome factor to other motorists.

I'd like to think my bike is somewhere in the middle between a "pretty cool" bone stock Vmax, and a "totally tits" bike like johntmax's ride.

Otherwise, depends what you mean by awesome. Grandma going 15 under in her LeSabre probably doesn't think it's awesome when I pass her at WOT, and the Harley-Douchebag probably doesn't think it's awesome when he gets smoked by a Yamaha, especially if they're riding a Sportster 883. "Mature" riders frown on such hooligan antics while the red-bull slamming extreme sports 20somethings would likely unanimously agree such activities are totally sweet and/or sick.

Riding the Vmax puts you in a special class . Respected & feared . Some because they have seen the back end of one from a stoplight , some because they tried to turn one in a twistie . Always because they never got to ride one ! :punk:

I tend to shy away from any level of awsomeness, as it generally leads to a hi-visibility existence....which does not suit me very well.

I prefer a much more low profile existence behind my Simpson full-face with the black shield.

I'll let my Marks pipes do the talking!!

Can I back up all that scary noise?.............Probably!! :biglaugh:

i " SHIT " , YOU NO MY ANSWER !

Attachments

• 100_1292.jpg
    100_1292.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1293.jpg
    100_1293.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 19
My youngest son who is 23 was going to work the other morning and spotted me on the Max coming home from a night shift.After I got home he called me and said"Dad I saw you coming down the off ramp on 76" and I replied laughing"Was I lookin' cool on the Vmax?" and he said laughing "You look like an old dude on a cool bike" I was fuckin' crushed! Then he started laughing and said he was just kidding so now I'm having issues and will probably need therapy! :rofl_200:
Mike

i " SHIT " , YOU NO MY ANSWER !

Dude

One of these days you gonna have trouble with the law for unvoluntary manslaughter after a hard braking with a passenger on... LOL
If the braking is really hard you may not have any trouble (faux tank)... LOLOLOL...
You reminded me of those Roman Chariots (quadriga) they used to use on the colosseum for the gladiators to play around...

I'm not sure if this is referring to the Vmax itself, or the vmax/rider combo for overall awesome factor to other motorists.

I'd like to think my bike is somewhere in the middle between a "pretty cool" bone stock Vmax, and a "totally tits" bike like johntmax's ride.

Otherwise, depends what you mean by awesome. Grandma going 15 under in her LeSabre probably doesn't think it's awesome when I pass her at WOT, and the Harley-Douchebag probably doesn't think it's awesome when he gets smoked by a Yamaha, especially if they're riding a Sportster 883. "Mature" riders frown on such hooligan antics while the red-bull slamming extreme sports 20somethings would likely unanimously agree such activities are totally sweet and/or sick.

Its a state of being.

grrrrrr, i am vicious angry man, when i ride i do stuff only hooligans do....... i have reached my v-max in a state that i can tell it what it do(still though i need some other mods for me and my bike to have the best relationship)....... i am about to buy a cheap small camera to shoot a vid of how my bike handles what is capable of doing..

I'm awesome every once in a while. Sometimes I just forget how great these bikes are.

I went for a ride to get a soda in reward for my performance on my human behavior final (95%) when I pulled into the parking lot, there were a few sport bikes there.

One guy commented, "dude, I heard you before I seen you ride up. I thought it was a car." Another said, I've seen you several times. But you rarely get on it." His buddy replied for me, "Look at the thing, what does he have to prove, that is a sick cruiser."

That was the topping on a great week for me. (this semester all "A's" and one "B"). Needless to say I rode home on cloud nine. Just when I start entertaining the thought of selling this thing and going in another direction, something always seems to happen that changes my mind.

rollini.jpg

Last edited:
I try to maintain a fairly low profile; this probably doesn't lead to me rating too high on the "awesomeness scale".
I hate getting pulled over, and hate getting tickets even worse.
I don't want the LEOs to even know who I am.

On the other hand; I don't know any other guys my age (68) where I live, who can or will ride a V Max on a regular basis.
I figure I deserve at least a little bit of street cred for that.

Every now & then; I go crazy for just a little while...........
And then I try to disappear, and go back to my "low profile" mode.

Jester 42

P.S. It must really be really embarrassing to get smoked by a senior citizen.
You need more than a custom paint job, loud pipes & 50 lbs of chrome young dude................

Cop Runner, You ARE awesome....with balls too to wear that get up, you should make and sell that rig....

I feel awesome but only on the Vmax, and only when I haven't started feeling so Awesome on the Max that I try to do some superhero feat and figure out I'm a mere mrotal and scare myself back into reality..........at other times I'm a mere mortal.

i I DON'T NO ABOUT ALL OF THAT , BUT I SURE GET SOME LOOKS AND MY PICTURE TAKING A LOT ! .. :biglaugh: . :clapping: . :punk:

Back