Axle mounted liscense plate holder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
I'm making an aluminum plate holder for the max,i've made everything for it except i bought an l.e.d. frame to mount to it.Not a huge mod but it will be a one of a kind mod.It's not complete yet because I might take the buffing wheel to it again to give it a better shine.It's still a little cold here in Ohio so I still have some time.No the wire ties are not staying.

Attachments

• Custom liscense plate bracket fit check with dan 007.jpg
    Custom liscense plate bracket fit check with dan 007.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Rear tail light delete with no fender support 005.jpg
    Rear tail light delete with no fender support 005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Rear tail light delete with no fender support 001.jpg
    Rear tail light delete with no fender support 001.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 120
I made a side mount high on the right side for mine but it didn't hold up, and now I'm waiting for DMV to replace my plates.

Probably going to break down and grab the one from TurboVmax.

Nice job, very clean and tidy

I also love your Kerkers! I had the same set on mine when I first bought it

Nice craftsmanship. At first I was thinking it was too tall but I see you had to clear your Kerker. Mine is straight back from the axle because I have a 4-2-1 and no need to clear anything. Where in Ohio are you? That looks like my First Max. Florida just past a law banning vertical plates but not all cops know or enforce it. Daytona will proably be a hassle for a lot. Hopefully not me. :punk:

I have a relative that is a Trooper in Florida and he says that they will basically only enforce this during Bike specific events. He feels that it was so they had a reason to stop you kinda like the seat belt law for cages. It sucks I think. What if your state had no such law? Would you have to change if your from out of state?

Quoted from some website:
Anyone attending Biketoberfest or going to Florida should know that a new law in Florida goes into effect Oct 1, 2008 that has severe penalties for the following: front wheel loosing contact with the ground, 50 MPH over the speed limit, and LICENSE PLATES MOUNTED IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN HORIZONTAL AND ON THE FENDER. The first offense is $1000 fine, second offense is $2500 and third offense is a third degree felony

Last edited:
I'm just southeast of Columbus,about 10 miles.Got the bike from the cycletrader site last summer from a guy in Southpark Penn.I looked at some different brackets on numerous sites and they all seemed pretty expensive or wouldn't work with my exhaust,besides I had all winter to tinker with it so I thought I'd give it a shot.For all that it is it sure was time consuming to get it how I liked it.Thanks for the kind comments from all you guys.Wish it would warm the hell up here so I could ride it instead of workin on it.:punk:

Latest posts

Back